Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2010

Source Physorg

Using glass tubes to store hydrogen.

Hydrogen still in the eco-car race
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010

Source Cleantech investor

Non-platinum fuel cell boost for AFC
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

• CommentAuthorthehard

"The system was unveiled in Berlin at a demonstration for The Associated Press at the German Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, known as BAM."

Let us all test hydrogen at BAM!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2015

Po

Inexpensive, efficient bi-metallic electrocatalysts may open floodgates for hydrogen fuel.

http://phys.org/news/2015-03-inexpensive-efficient-bi-metallic-electrocatalysts-floodgates.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2015 edited

Posted By: TrimPo

Inexpensive, efficient bi-metallic electrocatalysts may open floodgates for hydrogen fuel.

http://phys.org/news/2015-03-inexpensive-efficient-bi-metallic-electrocatalysts-floodgates.html

I dislike the usage of the word fuel, even if the word is true to the usage, because it always bring a comaprison in the mind of people to gasoline. Hydrogen would still be a storing product, a physical battery. E.g. : like a lead battery in your car, it need to be charged and will discharge. The production of H will always be an energy losing proposal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It's the Register, and it's saying that the reserves are already worth nothing, and therefore there's no cause for concern. I tend to be hostile to opinion pieces that start by dismissing the opposition:

" It's not going to come as all that much of a surprise that those who worry excessively about climate change aren't really all that up to speed with economics as a subject in general. "
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

It has a point though, the stone age didn't stop because we run out of stones but because something better superseded it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Hardly a parallel. The use of flints didn't make everything hotter and hotter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Caused a few burns in there time, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Back when the total human population was about 5 million there were only 50 million fingers to get burnt and nobody cared but the finger owners.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

You have such a good memory to remember all that time ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015

The Register is still fighting to extricate itself from a world where global warming ended in 1998.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015 edited

Only 40 million fingers... and ten million thumbs.

(OMG.... I have four times as many fingers as thumbs!)
    When I think of the entire human population I think of the PEAR experiment. Idiosyncratic, I know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015

Posted By: alsetalokinOnly 40 million fingers... and ten million thumbs.

(OMG.... I have four times as many fingers as thumbs!)

Right! So look after those thumbs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015 edited

Po

New discovery may be breakthrough for hydrogen cars.

http://phys.org/news/2015-04-discovery-breakthrough-hydrogen-cars.html

Study could lead to improved catalysts for producing hydrogen fuel from waste biomass.

http://phys.org/news/2015-03-catalysts-hydrogen-fuel-biomass.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2015

Posted By: TrimIt has a point though, the stone age didn't stop because we run out of stones but because something better superseded it.

Sure. tell me what can supersede fossil oil fuel and I'll buy into that.

So let me laugh about all those breakthrough about hydrogen "economy".

The only economy you need to know is : it takes energy to produce hydrogen. That's it. maybe we can somehow harness solar energy by using algae, but AFAIK better do biofuel and forget hydrogen. We already have the infrastructure for biofuel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2015

We really want a breakthrough in some hydride that can store a load of hydrogen quickly and release it fast as well at the moment if it stores quickly it realises slowly.

Efficient fuel cells will then beat biofuels even butanol.