Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I'm wondering something similar: How long before a planet is simply ejected into interstellar space? If it can happen to Mercury here in Sol's tepid system, it could happen anywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2018

I believe it is generally thought that space is teeming with just such ejected planets wandering about and getting in the way of starships.
    Fermi Paradox - resolved. It's one bloody great traffic accident out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2018 edited

Carbon stars. Tonight, while waiting for Luna to rise, I experimented with making a "tour" list of Carbon Stars for the EQTours program that controls the telescope from the laptop. I got the coords from the CSOG project files. I had to go through the Constellation lists and copy-paste the Carbon Stars from there into a new list. The CSOG Constellation lists are in alphabetical order for the whole sky, N and S both, so it took a while to separate out only those Carbon Stars that can be seen from the N hemisphere. Once the list is made in the right format, then EQTours can tell what's above the local horizon (or in my case 35 degrees above the actual horizon, because trees) and only present possibles for viewing.

And it worked! So I viewed about a dozen Carbon Stars in Cassiopeia and Cygnus before it got too cold.

They are indeed remarkable. Like glowing red coals, among a field of ordinary bluewhite diamonds. Some are incredibly deep red. One can almost imagine them flickering (many do vary greatly in magnitude on a timescale of days or weeks) and smoking, blowing off carbon soot and carbon monoxide.
    A whacky Oxonian
    https://phys.org/news/2018-12-universe-theory-percent-cosmos.html

Although the negative mass would come in very handy, it must be said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2018

Now they start looking for way far out
    I believe "beyond" reflects popular vernacular.

That's like beyond bruh
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Aw-reet, hep cats!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI believe "beyond" reflects popular vernacular.

That's like beyond bruh

Ah..."truthy, very truthy..."
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Brightest Gravitationally Lensed Object Ever Seen is 600 Trillion Times Brighter than our Sun.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/01/brightest-gravitationally-lensed-object-ever-seen-is-600-trillion-times-brighter-than-our-sun.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Canada’s Radio Telescope Has Ground Breaking Astronomy While Partially Operational.

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/01/canadaradiotelescope.html