Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2010 edited

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2010

The traditional problem with devices like these has been poor environmental tolerance. It will be interesting to see what real specifications they can realize.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

How do you know copycat scammers from Europe aren't emulating the boys at EEstor?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

There's a company here in Minnesota named "Northern Lights Semiconductor" that is making even greater claims. As I understand it, they claim to be "growing" thin-film supercapacitors on silicon dies, or something to that effect.

The energy density they claim is outrageous.. many orders of magnitude greater than conventional supercaps. If I can find the data, I'll post it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: legendreThere's a company here in Minnesota named "Northern Lights Semiconductor" that is making even greater claims. As I understand it, they claim to be "growing" thin-film supercapacitors on silicon dies, or something to that effect.

The energy density they claim is outrageous.. many orders of magnitude greater than conventional supercaps. If I can find the data, I'll post it.

True or woo, it's still a long way from running a car - or even a golf cart.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: DerrickAHow do you know copycat scammers from Europe aren't emulating the boys at EEstor?
    I don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

great , i hope they are not scammers like eeeeeeeeeestor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2010

That should be a help for Angus's mobility scooter.
    Or even Sinclair's X1.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011

• CommentAuthorjoshs

I have real problems with science articles where the author doesn't understand the difference between a kW and a kWh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

"Terrawatts"?

Earthy, at least.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Maybe that's a typo and they meant TaraWatts from a certain plantation in Georgia.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

TerrorWatts? :)
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

"The group is advised by Dr. Woo Lee."

Woolly thinking?
    Gigglewatts, more likely.
    • CommentAuthorblueletter
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011 edited

Terawatts? Very high capacity.

Holy moly.... that's not a Kardashian female, is it? Are they proliferating?
    I can see why their men are so terrified. Thank goodness the invaders haven't found out about South Texas and Tex-Mex cuisine (sic). Can you imagine a 320-pound version of the above?

Never eat anything bigger than your own head, I always say.
    • CommentAuthorblueletter

No, not a Kardashian, just your average round-the-way girl. And speaking of invaders and head, definitely do not google image search Tera Patrick.
    • CommentAuthortensor
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011

Seems like a sweet, wholesome girl...though kinda shy.