Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2010

I'm just hoping it will give me superpowers!

If it ends up giving me super CANCEL, I'll drink more ROBOT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2017

Oooo, Look what's come to the UK to play.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: TrimSource The Independent

Is it time we learnt to love radiation?
    "The radium water worked fine until his jaw came off". :D
    • CommentAuthortinker

Without radiation, we would die pretty quickly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2017

Detection of Ruthenium 106 in France and in Europe: Results of IRSN’s investigations

Ruthenium 106 has been detected in late September by several European networks involved in the monitoring of atmospheric radioactive contamination, at levels of a few milliBecquerels per cubic meter of air. IRSN's investigations make it possible to provide information on the possible location of the source of the release as well as the order of magnitude of the quantities released.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/11/harmless-radioactive-cloud-drifts-over-europe-following-mysterious-nuclear-accident/
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2017

The Tardigrades will be eager to take over our radioactive planet.
    That certainly is harmless. Do you have any idea how that compares to Chernobyl? Even that was mostly harmless.
    I for one welcome our tardigrade overlords
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2017

I was living in Berlin at the time of Chernobyl. I and Mrs A. both remember our hair falling out on the pillow that weekend. Coincidence - ??? (Probably).
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Did it ever grow back?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Yep.
    In that case I want some too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The trick is to have only a bit fall out.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Does it matter to you? I mean, are you planning to design new reactors?
    That may be interesting. I was working with fallout measurements in Finland at that time. It was clear that the isotopes we got here were not from nuclear explosion, that was among very first things to verify.

Just wondering how to took so long to figure out there was an other explosion prior to steam explosion.

I am somewhat skeptical.
    The fact that nuclear explosion, as in nuclear bombs, cannot happen in reactors, has not changed. Even the original text states this at the end, if anyone is interested enough to read it.

I would say that this "theory" changes nothing that matters concerning the Chernobyl accident, the news is just an other example of bad science journalism.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTime3 days ago