Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011 edited

San Antonio recently (in the last couple years) spent a bunch of money to install new "long-life" energy saving traffic lights. Here's the result. This is happening all over the city. I'd say that 70 to 80 percent of the new traffic lights are malfing. Some of these shots show an LED light next to a conventional light. Only the greens seem to be affected... at this time. Not related to weather, except perhaps to the unusual cold snap last week.

(the one on the left is of course an older incandescent bulb)

And on and on.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011

It's probably heat related. The ultra bright LED dice produce a lot of heat. If the heat sinking is not adequate Arrhenius' famous equation takes its toll. I hope the manufacturer is not some fly by night and they can get warranty replacements.
    Here's a huge billboard in front of the McNay Art Institute.... a real cultural oasis which actually owns a Monet and some other real art. But this is what passes for art in San Antonio these days. An exhibit constructed entirely, walls floor and ceiling, of.....
    CHEESE DOODLES.

I really wish I was making this up. This "artist" got a major grant from the city to do this excrement. I wonder how they are keeping the cockroaches from eating it up.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

And here's how the city gets the disabled population to where they need to go.
    I saw this one coming so I had plenty of time to get the camera ready.

This vehicle is full of people sitting in wheelchairs, coming from or going to their diabetes clinics.

(At least the driver signalled, and actually turned in the direction of the signal. That in itself is rare.)
    The traffic signals are glyph messages from outer space. When I was kidnapped and taken to the alien spacecraft to be probed, I picked up a little of the language anally somehow.These light glyphs say something like, "Hey Earthling, you are sitting there burning hydrocarbons you can't afford to burn, and getting fat into the bargain. Shut it off and walk." Either that or, "Where can I get good carnitas?"
    Posted By: evolvealreadyThe traffic signals are glyph messages from outer space. When I was kidnapped and taken to the alien spacecraft to be probed, I picked up a little of the language anally somehow.These light glyphs say something like, "Hey Earthling, you are sitting there burning hydrocarbons you can't afford to burn, and getting fat into the bargain. Shut it off and walk." Either that or, "Where can I get good carnitas?"

Walk? WALK??? Surely you jest. The stray pit bulls would eat you up.... that's why, if anyone should happen to walk, they do it in the center of the street instead of on the sidewalks.

But you can get good carnitas at just about every other corner. If by "good" you mean 70 percent fat, that is.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Has anybody said - "do you always walk like that, or is there a dictionary up your ass?"
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: tinkerHas anybody said - "do you always walk like that, or is there a dictionary up your ass?"

Not to me. I am six feet tall and weigh 185 lbs (weighed 174 when I left Canada three weeks ago.)

However, most of the people on foot around here don't actually walk.... they waddle. I don't even know how they manage to wipe their asses, much less stuff a dictionary up there. Of course, on this side of town, books of any kind are rare and are usually to be found propping up chairs.
    Today I noticed the "people" across the street discarding a disposable diaper by tossing it out the window of their SUV.... in front of their own house.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrflora

Posted By: alsetalokinHere's a huge billboard in front of the McNay Art Institute.... a real cultural oasis which actually owns a Monet and some other real art. But this is what passes for art in San Antonio these days. An exhibit constructed entirely, walls floor and ceiling, of.....
    CHEESE DOODLES.
    really wish I was making this up. This "artist" got a major grant from the city to do this excrement. I wonder how they are keeping the cockroaches from eating it up.

Some Philistines just don't realize that art is in the eye (and the mouth) of the beholder.

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    Posted By: mrflora

Some Philistines just don't realize that art is in the eye (and the mouth) of the beholder.

Regards,
    M.R.F.

That's art, just like gangsta rap is music, and just like cheese doodles are food.
    By which I mean..... NOT.

This is art:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o8TeqKhgY
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

•  
      CommentAuthorVylasni

Al must have taken the Blue pill...
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

don't even know how they manage to wipe their asses
    I believe in Canada, they use raccoons.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: maryyugo
    don't even know how they manage to wipe their asses
    I believe in Canada, they use raccoons.

I walked the streets daily in Canada, and while I saw many raccoons, I NEVER saw anyone as grotesquely obese as the alleged humans that waddle around this place.

But then, in Toronto there aren't taquerias and panaderias on every other street corner.

All that lard and starch and sugar and salt....mmmmm it sure tastes good..... and it's so easy to eat and so inexpensive.... but unless you are working like a .... er.... caballero in the fields all day, burning 3500 calories a day with physical labor.... well, let's just say that it "sticks to the ribs". And the belly, and the ass, and the brain.

What really really puzzles me is how these magnificent specimens of the human race ever get close enough together to reproduce, without puking. They must have extra-long turkey basters or something, because in addition to being wider than they are tall, a lot of these... er.... persons of the female persuasion that I see are actually pregnant.

I know some of the readers here will think that I am exaggerating for effect, using hyperbole in an attempt to impress.

Typical San Antonio residents:

http://www.overweightteen.com/san-antonio-obesity.html
    • CommentAuthortinker

Everything is bigger in Texas they say. The hats, the ranches, the cars, the wallets, and now we must add the arses. Still, at least you will feel the benifit (or someone will) in the dick department.
    Posted By: VylasniAl must have taken the Blue pill...

Ahhh.... crap. When I wake up I'm still here.
    Posted By: tinkerEverything is bigger in Texas they say. The hats, the ranches, the cars, the wallets, and now we must add the arses. Still, at least you will feel the benifit (or someone will) in the dick department.

Cheese Doodles are not art, sweatpants are not acceptable daily attire, and fat Mexicans have tiny dicks. Of course, if you are drunk enough, any fleshy fold will do in a pinch, and gravity and poor hygiene will take care of the rest.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Yes, I had a mate at school who wooed a very chubby chick. He used to say she gave him 'tisnas' On being asked he said well, 'tisna pussy and tisna a bumhole - but it does the job'.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrflora

Posted By: alsetalokin

fat Mexicans have tiny dicks

Hmmm... sounds a little racist to me. But of course, Al being Al he can get away with it.

BTW I have some friends in San Antonio - they say they like it.

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    • CommentAuthorArde

Posted By: mrfloraBTW I have some friends in San Antonio - they say they like it.

San Antonio has some attractions, the River Walk being one of them. Fat Mexicans definitely are not one. It's a shame really, the young Spanish girls look really good, at least to me, but inevitably the high lard diet takes its toll. One look at their mothers shows the future.
    I saw scrawled on a wall long ago, "fat guys have small dicks". It didn't single out Mexicans, just fat guys. I'll just leave it at that, as I've done no research into the matter, nor do I plan to.