Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016

Posted By: maryyugoHank Mills *yuch*

Poor Hank is just plain clueless. He'd have a tough time. Aaron backed out of the PESN thing as soon as he sized up Sterling and Stuart. He'd probably be the best one for the job.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2016

BTw, Sterling has four young children. For them, it's a tragedy. Maybe they will have a decent stepfather some day. One can hope.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: maryyugoBTw, Sterling has four young children. For them, it's a tragedy. Maybe they will have a decent stepfather some day. One can hope.

Cheri always seemed like the breadwinner of the family to me, so Sterling's no great loss. I'm sure she'll find a nice Mormon man to re-marry.
    Posted By: AsterixMormon man

That's Mormon not moron.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Morning Mormon moron, before cawfee. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AsterixCheri always seemed like the breadwinner of the family to me, so Sterling's no great loss. I'm sure she'll find a nice Mormon man to re-marry.
    Obviously you've not been a child in a family in which there was a divorce or the father died.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

No I haven't, but I do know that kids can be very tough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016

Posted By: loremanHis guilty plea, and the fact that the abused have no memory of the abuse, disquiets me-his mental state last year was obviously such that you'd have to take anything he said with a bucket of salt. I hope he had proper advice.

That's what struck me too. On what basis have any facts been established in the case?
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016 edited

Posted By: AngusThat's what struck me too. On what basis have any facts been established in the case?
    I guess you can find it out in the court documents. I did not yet have time to read them, but they are all available at freeenergyscams.com/:

Original charges
    Amended charges based on the plea agreement
    Inquiry into defendant's competency
    Statement of defendant in support of guilty plea
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I hope that those wishing evil upon him have done their due diligence. I'd hate to think this place was turning into a lynch mob.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

Posted By: maryyugoBTw, Sterling has four young children. For them, it's a tragedy. Maybe they will have a decent stepfather some day. One can hope.
    In fact, from the court documents it is clear he molested his own children

Posted By: AngusI hope that those wishing evil upon him have done their due diligence. I'd hate to think this place was turning into a lynch mob.
    No evil wishing, just the justice, and the protection of the victims.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Justice in this case would seem to call for psychiatry, not prison-rape.
    Unless the wife brought the charges it looks like SA charged himself.

Be careful how weird you get when in Utah. The courts use "Alienists" to determine competency.
    Posted By: xurtIn fact, from the court documents it is clear he molested his own children
    It's clear he's confessing to having done it. Not the same thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Yes. And there is no evidence in those documents, and it doesn't seem from the confession that there could be any independent evidence. If SA's guilty posting on the internet is what led to the charges it seems that he charged himself with the crime and then admitted to it. Unless he was just overcome with guilt, it's pretty crazy.

And if it's guilt, there would be better ways to deal with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

Posted By: AngusJustice in this case would seem to call for psychiatry, not prison-rape.
    Yes, that's my opinion too, that somehow the family, the closest environment, and Sterling self failed miserably in this regard. Consulting a psychiatrist should have been the first step.

Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Posted By: xurtIn fact, from the court documents it is clear he molested his own children
    It's clear he's confessing to having done it. Not the same thing.
    Not the same thing as what? You mean molesting children is different when you confess to it alone, than when you are caught at it? BTW, Sterling's wife testified against him too. Still, I agree with Angus, that consulting a psychiatrist should have been the first reaction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: xurtBTW, Sterling's wife testified against him too.

I was looking for some kind of corroboration, but I didn't see it. Is it in those documents?
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

Posted By: AngusI was looking for some kind of corroboration, but I didn't see it. Is it in those documents?

On January 14, 2016, Allan’s ex-wife Cheri Mcaffin was interviewed. During that interview, Mcaffin stated that in approximately 2005, Allan admitted to being sexually attracted to prepubescent girls and sexually molesting their daughters while they were living in Eagle Mountain. Mcaffin stayed married to Allan and took steps to ensure that Sterling was never alone with their children. In the spring or summer of 2014, during a trip to Disneyland in Anaheim, Mcaffin finally decided to divorce Allan after he told Mcaffin that while carrying their 8-year-old daughter (H.A.) through the park, Allan repeatedly fondled her genital area over the clothes.

On January 14, 2016, Allan was also interviewed by police. During that interview, Allan admitted to numerous sex offenses committed against his eldest daughter (E.A.) and youngest daughter (H.A.), while those two daughters were approximately 2 years old and still in diapers. Offenses admitted to by Allan included placing his mouth on the two victim’s genitals each more than once (COUNTS 1-2), fondling of the girls’ genitals each more than once, and masturbating in front of and exposing his penis to them each more than once, and repeated incidents of fondling them over the clothes.

On January 21, 2016, the victims were interviewed at the Utah County CJC. One of his daughters (A.A.), disclosed instances where Allan informed the family that the reason for his divorce from her mother was because he was a pedophile. A.A. also was present when Allan apologized for touching H.A. in a sexually inappropriate manner. Allan also admitted to A.A. that he molested another female child friend of the family during a trip to Gold Beach, Oregon during November of 2014. Allan admitted to fondling the girl’s genitals over the clothes on several occasions. This child friend victim subsequently disclosed that Allan fondled her genitals and breasts over the clothes during the period of time in November of 2014.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

OK. As a matter of curiosity, where's that from? It wasn't in the four court documents you posted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

All that told, personally I find the decades long penalty pretty harsh. I think that in most European countries he would get away with just a mandatory psychiatric therapy and perhaps a minor penalty or a probation. But then again, Sterling knew very well that what he did was not only against the moral, but also against the law, and he was certainly aware that he risked a long sentence. It was himself in the first place who failed there by not seeking any psychiatric help. Then it is disappointing that nobody from his family, friends, and the community persuaded him to do so.

There are plenty of pedophiles everywhere, and many of them work with children, but it in no way means that they would ever get the idea to abuse or molest them, just like the vast majority of normal heterosexual men will not molest any women, or most homosexuals will never grab the bollocks of other men (without their consent). Being a pedophile is not a crime, molesting and abusing children is. Sterling knew what he did, he knew it was not all right, he spoke about it publicly, yet he did not seem to do anything to prevent himself from committing crimes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxurt

Posted By: AngusOK. As a matter of curiosity, where's that from? It wasn't in the four court documents you posted.
    It is from the Original Charges document. Unfortunately, there is a broken link on freeenergyscams.com for the first PDF - it links to the reduced charges after the plea instead. The text from the document is quoted directly in the article at freeenergyscams.com, though.