Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011 edited

Do you envy this Banh Bao?

There it is, and I'll bet that you do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

How about now, this banh bao..

•  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2011

Ummm-hmmmm..

•  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

It's open all the way now.

This banh bao can open no further.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Careful. If you let me get close enough to drool on it, you'll have no choice, but to let me eat it.
    You are sick. Both of you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVylasni

Badass!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Time for the What are you eating thread.

This afternoon/evening I spent too many hours cooking, mostly from scratch :

Starter : Assortment of Pakora, Onion Bajhi, Veg Samosa with a Mint & Apple chutney and a Tomato and Coriander Chutney.

Main : Lamb & Potato Curry, Tarka Dhal, Rice + Plain Naan.

Puds : Fresh Honeydew Melon, Strawberries & Cherries with a Ginger & Lemon Cava Granita.

Good, traditional British fare. Yummm!
    • CommentAuthorscience
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2011

Reminds me of a baby Shooter Sandwhich: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2010/apr/07/how-to-make-shooters-sandwich

I've made a couple of them, and they are amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: scienceReminds me of a baby Shooter Sandwhich:http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2010/apr/07/how-to-make-shooters-sandwich

I've made a couple of them, and they are amazing.

That's quite a sandwich, to be sure! Never heard of such a thing until now..

Guess I'll have to give it a try - but I'd probably use leg of lamb instead of beef.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: alsetalokinYou are sick. Both of you.

Both of me??
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

No, both of me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorVylasni

You should try one of these if you are feeling famished.

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

I had a teaspoon of this sauce on a homemade burger, with some raw shallots and melted cheese last night:

Very good indeed.
    Posted By: pcstruTime for the What are you eating thread.

This afternoon/evening I spent too many hours cooking, mostly from scratch :

Starter : Assortment of Pakora, Onion Bajhi, Veg Samosa with a Mint & Apple chutney and a Tomato and Coriander Chutney.

Main : Lamb & Potato Curry, Tarka Dhal, Rice + Plain Naan.

Puds : Fresh Honeydew Melon, Strawberries & Cherries with a Ginger & Lemon Cava Granita.

Good, traditional British fare. Yummm!

I'd eat that....

But it sounds like you're telling me that Bubbles and Squeak with Bangers is out of fashion?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: alsetalokin
    But it sounds like you're telling me that Bubbles and Squeak with Bangers is out of fashion?

Not for breakfast!
    I've not had a home made salad sandwich for several summers, chicken, lettuce, cheese, cucumber and salad cream, boy did I just enjoy that, it's the simple things in life.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

Maybe I'll go out for pizza in a few minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: enginerdMaybe I'll go out for pizza in a few minutes.

There's a pizza place nearby that has a long-running special deal - you get a large one-topping pie for $5.60 (560 is their street number).

It's not a fancy-dancy uptown pie, just a good mostly scratch-made Italian-American pizza, the type most of us grew up eating in the USA. One pie will easily feed two medium-light eaters (the Mrs. & I qualify), with leftovers, for less than six bucks - what a steal!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: RunningBareI've not had a home made salad sandwich for several summers, chicken, lettuce, cheese, cucumber and salad cream, boy did I just enjoy that, it's the simple things in life.

Speaking of salad, that e.coli outbreak in Europe is kind of freaky. I know that I'd be avoiding pretty much all fresh produce right now, if I lived on the other side of the pond.

Last I read, in addition to a couple dozen deaths, something like 400-500 people had suffered renal failure as a result of infection?! Germany just reported 199 new cases in just two days.. crazy..