Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2019

I think a colon would be more appropriate.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Strunk and White isn't clear on colon vs. dash in this case, insofar as I can determine. More modern references treat the two as equivalent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

True. in your situation you needed a new punctuation mark, the double dash, to distinguish your meaning from the idea of "the cheese of the beeb-beast". I contend that the older system is better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2019

Road Spill

Chicken Tender Fender Bender

https://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article224080395.html

Only in Alabama....
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2019

Made up a batch of chili con frijoles (yes, I know that's an abomination to a Texan, but I'm susceptible to gout) using a range of peppers and smoked venison and lots of garlic. Not bad at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2019

For me it's pizza week.
    It could be a poor man's meal except for the high electricity rates over here.
    One slice a day, one presumes. But how do you manage to slice it into seven equal slices?

Wait... you just gave me a killer marketing idea. Prime Pizzas! Forget six or eight slice pizzas--- only at Pizza Prime can you get a 5 or seven slice pie! Or try our eleven-slice Ramanujan Special! Only fortyleven pesetas, seven days only!
    I'll stick with the prime steak, thanks anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2019

The big cheese mountain: America's stockpile nears record high

Americans eat an awful lot of cheese: almost 37lb per person, per year.
    Also: Some of them eat a lot of awful cheese ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Shudder.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: DuracellThe big cheese mountain: America's stockpile nears record high

Americans eat an awful lot of cheese: almost 37lb per person, per year.
    Also: Some of them eat a lot of awful cheese ...

That shit is not cheese.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Sometimes referred to in the trade as "Cheese Food"--exact specification unknown.

I suspect that most of what's consumed in the US is "Cheddar", which largely bears no resemblance to the stuff coming out of Somerset.
    We should make a list of the corruptions our transatlantic cousins have wrought. Not just cheese, but also beer. And then there's the language.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanWe should make a list of the corruptions our transatlantic cousins have wrought. Not just cheese, but also beer. And then there's the language.

I'm certain that the English will get things right eventually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not quite ever getting them right is the modus operandi there, I think. The upside is they never quite get them wrong either.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

OTOH, we only breed like rabbits when there is no overabundance of food.
    Many capitalist western democracies are faced with declining reproduction rates and some are
    even experiencing reproduction below replacement.

Wealth + social security + good education seems to be a potent contraceptive.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

That looks like a pretty effective contraceptive, all right.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

So the world population isn't headed for 10 billion souls who'd like a shot at the "good life"?

Damn, what happened?