Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2019

I think a colon would be more appropriate.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Strunk and White isn't clear on colon vs. dash in this case, insofar as I can determine. More modern references treat the two as equivalent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

True. in your situation you needed a new punctuation mark, the double dash, to distinguish your meaning from the idea of "the cheese of the beeb-beast". I contend that the older system is better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Road Spill

Chicken Tender Fender Bender

https://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article224080395.html

Only in Alabama....
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Made up a batch of chili con frijoles (yes, I know that's an abomination to a Texan, but I'm susceptible to gout) using a range of peppers and smoked venison and lots of garlic. Not bad at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTime6 days ago

For me it's pizza week.
    It could be a poor man's meal except for the high electricity rates over here.
    One slice a day, one presumes. But how do you manage to slice it into seven equal slices?

Wait... you just gave me a killer marketing idea. Prime Pizzas! Forget six or eight slice pizzas--- only at Pizza Prime can you get a 5 or seven slice pie! Or try our eleven-slice Ramanujan Special! Only fortyleven pesetas, seven days only!
    I'll stick with the prime steak, thanks anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTime5 days ago

The big cheese mountain: America's stockpile nears record high

Americans eat an awful lot of cheese: almost 37lb per person, per year.
    Also: Some of them eat a lot of awful cheese ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Shudder.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Posted By: DuracellThe big cheese mountain: America's stockpile nears record high

Americans eat an awful lot of cheese: almost 37lb per person, per year.
    Also: Some of them eat a lot of awful cheese ...

That shit is not cheese.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Sometimes referred to in the trade as "Cheese Food"--exact specification unknown.

I suspect that most of what's consumed in the US is "Cheddar", which largely bears no resemblance to the stuff coming out of Somerset.
    We should make a list of the corruptions our transatlantic cousins have wrought. Not just cheese, but also beer. And then there's the language.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanWe should make a list of the corruptions our transatlantic cousins have wrought. Not just cheese, but also beer. And then there's the language.

I'm certain that the English will get things right eventually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Not quite ever getting them right is the modus operandi there, I think. The upside is they never quite get them wrong either.