Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2016

Posted By: maryyugoThe international waters, part, perhaps? Also maybe that those boats were pissants that could have been shredded in an instant at the whim of the destroyer's skipper?

There's a revealing inconsistency here. The fact that a US destroyer is capable of destroying almost anything that floats does not give it any privileges in international waters.
    MY has an authoritarian brain. This will not compute.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2016 edited

I am reminded of a little joke we tell around here.

"Alter your course, please. Over"

"You alter course. Over"

"You are on a collision heading. Alter course immediately. Over."

"No. You are on the collision course. You alter your heading. Over."

*Short pause. New voice* "This is the Captain of the USS Ronald Reagan. I am an aircraft carrier. Change course immediately!"

"This is the keeper of Transport Canada's Mudge Island light.I advise you to alter your course very soon."
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2016 edited

Captain Will "Look, I'm A Fucking Arsehole" Rogers.
    Reminds me of someone here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2016

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI wonder what part of "fuck off, you don't live here" they don't understand.
    The international waters, part, perhaps? Also maybe that those boats were pissants that could have been shredded in an instant at the whim of the destroyer's skipper? It would be smarter not to yell "fuck off" if you can't back it up and if the other party is within their right to be there.

So what exactly stops Iran sailing their boats in international waters?

Also, those 4 boats which can be armed with mortars, rockets, guided missiles and/or torpedoes, were within 300 yards which, had they been hostile that ship would have been in real danger. So your Gun-ho is a bit out of place. The threat was actually mutual.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanCaptain Will "Look, I'm A Fucking Arsehole" Rogers.
    Reminds me of someone here.
    Interesting, isn't it, that it's foreign journalists who put this story together? Where is the spine in USA media?
    Posted By: maryyugoThe international waters, part, perhaps?
    Or perhaps not, considering Captain "cuntface" Rogers was deliberately sailing in Iranian waters. Because the pathetic little worm was trying to start a war (for his personal aggrandisement, most likely).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2018 edited

Israel celebrates but is war with Iran looming?

Right now, most agree, Israel and Iran are grappling on a cliff edge. A step too far could prove disastrous for one or both. Yet the struggle is about far more than the enmity of these two inveterate foes. A wide range of intractable, neglected and combustible international issues are coming together, all at once, all in one place. The result, 70 years on, could be a new Nakba of truly dreadful proportions.

“The finger is on the trigger and the missiles are ready. You [Israel] are living in the dragon’s mouth.”
    - Hossein Salami, deputy commander, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps

“Iran has the ability to obliterate Israel and, when prompted, to turn Tel Aviv and Haifa into dust.”
    - Ali Shirazi, Iranian cleric

“It’s seriously not worth it to test the state of Israel.”
    - Avigdor Lieberman, Israel’s defence minister

“We will fight whoever tries to harm us. We will exact a heavy price. The people will stand strong.”
    - Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli PM
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2018 edited

'It will not be very pleasant,' Iran warns, if Trump sabotages nuclear deal

An option actively being considered by Tehran, by contrast, was to withdraw entirely from the deal by returning to uranium enrichment. Other proposals being floated in the Iranian parliament, Zarif said, involved more “drastic” measures – though he would not specify what those entailed.

The destabilisation of Jordan? A move against Saudi Arabia in Yemen? Hezbollah detonating a dirty bomb in Tel Aviv?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2018

Promises, promises.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2018 edited

It never bode well for your average street guy , no matter the countries, when the hawks are eyeing each other, glutton for violence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2018

...Pompeo suggested that it would be up to the Iranian people to end the US pressure campaign by changing their own government.

Can anyone remember a time this actually worked?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2018

Good question. No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2018 edited

Posted By: Duracell'It will not be very pleasant,' Iran warns, if Trump sabotages nuclear deal

An option actively being considered by Tehran, by contrast, was to withdraw entirely from the deal by returning to uranium enrichment. Other proposals being floated in the Iranian parliament, Zarif said, involved more “drastic” measures – though he would not specify what those entailed.

The destabilisation of Jordan? A move against Saudi Arabia in Yemen? Hezbollah detonating a dirty bomb in Tel Aviv?

Jordan's prime minister resigns after days of protests, reports say

Hani Mulki’s reported resignation comes after the largest anti-government protests seen in Jordan since 2011.
    Watch this space ...

Meanwhile, Israel's Netanyahu tours Europe to lobby leaders against Iran ...