Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2017

Also why and how could he smash the windows???
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2017 edited

With a gun. In most hotels in Vegas they cannot be opened.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

It is reported that he used a hammer. Thor's?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Now, the medical bills because no single-payer health care.

Seems to be almost criminal, doesn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: AsterixNow, the medical billsbecause no single-payer health care.

Seems to be almost criminal, doesn't it?
    The country is collectively clueless. The solutions are simple and have proved effective in many other countries. But for some reason USans collectively Just Don't Get It.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

As far as gun control, how about a modest requirement that outlasws any device that enables a firearm to shoot more than 60 times per minute?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: pcstruProbably. The point that people can commit crimes is separate to the point that the USAian gun culture maximises the impact of the crimes and sometimes just out of character actions of people - moments of madness.
    And then consider Marseilles. Brussels. Myanmar maybe? Rwanda? etc. etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AsterixI've never heard of "drive-by stabbings", although I suspect that it could be done somehow.
    Not sure what you mean but Israelis are attacked with knives from time to time. And IIRC, some of the damage in the London Bridge incident was stabbings. But yeah guns are vastly more efficient at mayhem. Not exactly news.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: goatcheez
    Posted By: alsetalokinSome reports say this fellow owned a couple of airplanes. And had several pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer.

Do I need to take this point any further?

I don't think they crop dust with N2 H4 O3. It might be interesting to try if you can get the dust to atomize.

I think you can make some sort of barrel bomb with fertilizer and oil but you need triggering gear and I suspect the whole mess is too clumsy for a small plane. IIRC, some murderous tyrants use helicopters to deliver that shit. And of course, it would only work on helpless civilians. Otherwise, a slow helicopter would be a sitting duck for machine gun or even RPG defensive fire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: pcstruProbably. The point that people can commit crimes is separate to the point that the USAian gun culture maximises the impact of the crimes and sometimes just out of character actions of people - moments of madness.
    And then consider Marseilles. Brussels. Myanmar maybe? Rwanda? etc. etc.

Sure. OK. In what way does it address the very specific point I made?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

I think I understand what Mary is saying: Marseille and Brussels are in the EU. The USA is very different to the EU. Maybe the USA is more like Myanmar, or Rwanda?
    More like a fucking insane asylum, actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

“A fucking insane asylum”? One run by Catholic clergy?
    • CommentAuthortinker

Posted By: maryyugotherwise, a slow helicopter would be a sitting duck for machine gun or even RPG defensive fire.

As carried by all upright citizens of the USA of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

From here, it seems that the citizens of the USA have somehow been convinced / convinced themselves that there is no point trying to do anything at all that might help merely because it would be almost impossible to come up with a solution that would instantly fix every single problem underlying, causing and contributing to gun violence in particular, and violent crime in general.

There are many, many different sensible and feasible measures that the USA could implement to help reduce gun violence and deal with different aspects of the problem and its underlying and related issues. But, absurdly, each one of them will be rejected on the basis that it doesn’t fix everything?

Irrational...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

It’s like listening to someone refusing to consider quitting smoking because they are overweight, have a terrible diet and do not get enough exercise and also refusing to consider losing weight, improving their diet or exercising more because they are smokers ...
    It's quite clear that, collectively, the population of the USA is stark raving mad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

•  
      CommentAuthorskeptical

Doing the rounds on social media, but for those who haven't seen it.

"How about we treat every young man who wants to buy a gun like every woman who wants to get an abortion:
    - mandatory 48-hr waiting period,
    - parental permission,
    - a note from his doctor proving he understands what he's about to do,
    - a video he has to watch about the effects of gun violence,
    - an ultrasound wand up the ass (just because).

Also, let's close down all but one gun shop in every state and make him travel hundreds of miles, take time off work, stay overnight in a strange town to get a gun. Make him walk through a gauntlet of people holding photos of loved ones who were shot to death, people who call him a murderer and beg him not to buy a gun.

It makes more sense to do this with young men and guns than with women and health care, right? I mean, no woman getting an abortion has killed a room full of people in seconds, right?"

- author unknown.

Stretches the comparison a bit far, but still interesting how some things can be made so difficult and other things so easy when it suits politicians to do so.