Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Maybe I wish you would.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2019 edited

If we have to (according to SCOTUS) have guns in this place, let's ban middleman sales and adopt direct-from-manufacturer sales only. Said manufacturers would be required to keep not only serial-numbers and ID of purchasers, but forensics (ballistics records) also. No sales at gun shows or sporting-goods stores.

That might work to reduce the surplus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2019

Another mass shooting in the USA and even the 'trappers have become too jaded to remark on it.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

What's there to say about it? Gun with a big magazine and a laser sight in the hands of a guy angry about losing his job.

It's just Life in These United States.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I guess that was essentially my point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2019

We've turned our hands to guns, trade in our thumbs for ammunition
    I must forewarn you, of my disorder, or my condition
    'Cause when the sun sets, it upsets what's left of my invested interest
    Interested in putting my fingers to my head
    The solution is, I see a whole room of these mutant kids
    Fused at the wrist, I simply tell them they should shoot at this
    Simply suggest my chest and this confused music, it's
    Obviously best for them to turn their guns to a fist
    I'm trying, I'm trying to sleep
    But I can't, but I can't when you all have
    Guns for hands
    But I can't, but I can't when you all have
    Guns for hands
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThat 2nd Amendment is working out GREAT. Bwahahahaha!!!!
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/doctor-shot-patient-wheelchair-florida-va-hospital-fbi-says-n977506

I guess that link is a crashblossom. But the tragedy is that in the USA it would be believable either way.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: AngusThis probably comes as a surprise for most USans...the vast majority of the gun crime that Mexicans and Central Americans are fleeing is carried out with huge quantities of arms illegally crossing the Mexican border southward.

Is there much evidence of this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2019

I believe it came from the Guardian but I don't remember any details. Sorry.
    But it certainly makes sense.
    Angus that is such a good example of "standard of proof"
    you just let your prejudice hit you in the ass :)

Can you point to just one incident in which a gun demonstrated any prejudiced?

Politicians do far more harm and cause far more death and suffering than privately held firearms.
    My candidate for history's most dangerous device is the sailboat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not at all prejudice. Simply physics. The manufacture of guns is carried out on a large scale in the USA. They are freely available. In Mexico they are not freely available and as far as I know, not manufactured on a large scale. The diffusion potential is therefore strongly toward Mexico. Since they are illegal there on the whole, the diffusion proceeds over a barrier of illegality, which appears to be insufficient to stop the flow. We see much the same thing here, though we don't have such a large scale gang-war going on.

That said, and physics aside, I remain firm in the belief that all firearms should be registered, per the lost lamented long-gun registry, and that handguns should remain banned to anybody who can't demonstrate a valid reason for owning one. Shooting trespassers doesn't count.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2019 edited

One should be able to extract some energy from the diffusion across the barrier. Wasn't there some brouhaha years ago involving guns, borders, and Eric Holder?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Operation Fast and Furious
    That's the one. Tip of iceberg, methinks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTime11 hours ago

Christ, who needs fucking evidence?

Oh, wait...