Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2012

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2012 edited

1) a shares with b, b shares with c therefore c has some of a's stuff. Extraordinary ⸮

2) quantum measurements of the quantum state of Schrodinger's cat quantify its aliveness and deadness leaving it in both states. That helps ⸮

• CommentAuthorenginerd
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2012

I like the concept of Schroedinger's Zombie
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2012

Spooky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012

Pw

A bit late for Halloween.

Spooky action with twisted beams
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorE-Man
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2013

How often will it need to be explained that Quantum Teleportation is something significantly different than Star Trek
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2013

Posted By: E-ManHow often will it need to be explained that Quantum Teleportation is something significantly different thanStar Trek

That value roughly equals: How many times Trim will visit physorg, newscientist, physicsworld and any number of other similar sites - like theregister and drudereport - that offer tantalizing but cheekily misleading headlines.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

I always think this means instantaneous transmission of information, but it don't work that way.

Forget teleportiing matter, just give me unlimited bandwidth! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorE-Man
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2013 edited

I was at a IT Conference once where Gilles Brassard spoke and you could tell that he was speaking over the head of just about everyone there. This was characterized by the only person to ask a question at the end of his talk was someone asking if entanglement meant that we could have instantaneous Ethernet someday.

The funny thing was that Gilles (who I have immense respect for) kind of gave a meandering answer - sort of "the universe is strange get used to it". I happened to run into the guy who asked the question in a security presentation (which was the reason I was there) before the talk and in speaking with him he took Professor Brassard's answer to be a "yes".

Point being I'm never really sure who's responsible for all the confusion over quantum effects. People? Researchers? Reality?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: E-ManGilles Brassard

Another too-little-known Canadien.
    Posted By: E-ManPoint being I'm never really sure who's responsible for all the confusion over quantum effects.

Maybe it was Heisenberg.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: E-ManPoint being I'm never really sure who's responsible for all the confusion over quantum effects.

Maybe it was Heisenberg.

I can't agree. He's responsible for part of the explanation. The fact that nobody can really understand it is down to early training. Such as learning to walk, see, eat and have fun, none of which gives any insight into the truly true nature of the really real.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

•  
      CommentAuthorE-Man
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2013 edited

Wow, something not crazy. Scott Aaronson is one of the levelest of heads in quantum information theory.
    Have we lost our ability to suss out humour in obscure and convoluted references already?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: alsetalokinHave we lost our ability to suss out humour in obscure and convoluted references already?
    I can't be certain ...
    Posted By: alsetalokinHave we lost our ability to suss out humour in obscure and convoluted references already?

In kind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2013

Leonard or Walter? Physics or Music?
    It would be sweet to figure out which kid you are talking about.