Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012 edited

SD

I have been saying ever since I heard about Glaser's power from space ideas, why not use microwaves buried in the road to power cars.

World's First Demonstration of Power Transfer from Wheels to Power an Electric Car
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012

Ummmm, you've never driven across the Nullarbour Plain, have you Trim?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012

Never even heard of it.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2012

And then you have to dig up all the roads and find some method of Pay-as-you-Drive.

I`m all for electric cars, but the tech is just not ready for prime-time yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Well they could build all new roads with empty pipes where the electrical gear could go once there was enough electrical cars. Before hand they could have a large fuel cell powered vehicle which could travel up and down motorways 'towing' electric cars in its wake and charging them up at the same time until they got close to there destination. That means the cars can have smaller and cheaper batteries. (Assuming Quenco can't be made to work.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

And they could pony up a lot of tax money to pay for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Trimmie. They should have mermaids driving your imaginary tow trucks. Then, they could have a brothel business going to support the trucks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Nice of you to volunteer your services as the car drivers will need to do something to pass their time.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Yeah well maybe they can take that long extension cord they need out of your ass.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: TrimSD

I have been saying ever since I heard about Glaser's power from space ideas, why not use microwaves buried in the road to power cars.

World's First Demonstration of Power Transfer from Wheels to Power an Electric Car
    It's a dumb idea in search of a problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: joshsIt's a dumb idea in search of a problem.
    You're being generous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Isn't he always?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012

Here's yet another self-charging car. Overunity definitely, according to the web site.

http://e-catsite.com/manelas-device/
    Whaat? They have 350 pounds of LithiumPolymer batteries in there.... and they are charging them with some kludged-up battery charger? This is a recipe for disaster.

But yes, the "slide show" is another of the same-old-same-old, including everything: graphs without proper labelling or associations with circuits or data gathering techniques, the obligatory bank of lights... or light..... "powered" by the device, with the data label taken as power output data, the exceptionally blurry photo of the device itself with the rat's nest of wires, and the one thing that all electrical overunity devices cannot do without: the big bank of batteries.

I am facepalm.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012

All your Facepalm belong to us.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013

Car sharing seems to have come of age as Avis buys Zipcar (for a half BILLION dollars). Amazing how people can build up giant fortunes so fast these days with highly questionable businesses.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/02/uk-zipcar-offer-avisbudget-idUSLNE90100K20130102
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2013

Hmm, I wonder if I can buy shares in Boris bikes?
    Posted By: maryyugoAmazing

Depressing, rather.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2013

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2013