Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2018 edited

$25K “diabetic alert dogs” were untrained, un-housebroken puppies, lawsuit says

Dogs supposedly trained to detect and respond to potentially life-threatening blood sugar levels in people with diabetes were, in reality, often untrained, un-housebroken puppies with hefty pricetags—currently set at $25,000. At least, that’s according to a lawsuit filed this week by Attorney General Mark Herring on behalf of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

According to the lawsuit, the non-profit company Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers and its owner Charles Warren Jr. made extraordinary claims about their “diabetic alert dogs.” The company and Warren said that the dogs were highly trained and that their performance was “backed by science.” The SDWR website advertised the animals as being able to: detect low/high blood sugar levels through scents in skin and breath; retrieve needed food and medications, such as insulin; seek help when required; and even dial 911 in an emergency.
    Posted By: aber0dereven dial 911 in an emergency

But in addition to leaving their messes all over the floor, they were dialing doggie-sex chatlines instead of 911.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2018

too funny!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2018

Here's one for the books. I received this a few hours ago. There is no such transaction in my PP account (which of course I checked directly.) The PP instructions say they would never send an email without addressing me by first and last name - this has only an email address (but a correct one). The company seems to exist, but it's in Vancouver. I called them. This Mike Porteous also exists but doesn't answer his phone. His message box claims it's full.

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2018 edited

They are trying to steal your PayPal credentials. The “Login here” hyperlink will take you to a phishing site impersonating a PayPal login page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2018 edited

Of course, but I was impressed that they went so far as to link to a real business (maybe) or to set up a fake one with a fake person.

Come to think of it, if it's a real business, no wonder Mike Porteous's voicemail box is full.