Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2018 edited

$25K “diabetic alert dogs” were untrained, un-housebroken puppies, lawsuit says

Dogs supposedly trained to detect and respond to potentially life-threatening blood sugar levels in people with diabetes were, in reality, often untrained, un-housebroken puppies with hefty pricetags—currently set at $25,000. At least, that’s according to a lawsuit filed this week by Attorney General Mark Herring on behalf of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

According to the lawsuit, the non-profit company Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers and its owner Charles Warren Jr. made extraordinary claims about their “diabetic alert dogs.” The company and Warren said that the dogs were highly trained and that their performance was “backed by science.” The SDWR website advertised the animals as being able to: detect low/high blood sugar levels through scents in skin and breath; retrieve needed food and medications, such as insulin; seek help when required; and even dial 911 in an emergency.
    Posted By: aber0dereven dial 911 in an emergency

But in addition to leaving their messes all over the floor, they were dialing doggie-sex chatlines instead of 911.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSwissie
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2018

too funny!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2018

Here's one for the books. I received this a few hours ago. There is no such transaction in my PP account (which of course I checked directly.) The PP instructions say they would never send an email without addressing me by first and last name - this has only an email address (but a correct one). The company seems to exist, but it's in Vancouver. I called them. This Mike Porteous also exists but doesn't answer his phone. His message box claims it's full.

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2018 edited

They are trying to steal your PayPal credentials. The “Login here” hyperlink will take you to a phishing site impersonating a PayPal login page.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2018 edited

Of course, but I was impressed that they went so far as to link to a real business (maybe) or to set up a fake one with a fake person.

Come to think of it, if it's a real business, no wonder Mike Porteous's voicemail box is full.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2018

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2018

Dear BMW Winner,

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a prize of a brand new 2016/17 Model BMW 7 Series Car and a Check of $500,000.00usd from international programs held on this second section 2018 in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system (ESS) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which you were selected.

The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our BMW fiduciary claims department for more information as regards procedures to claim your prize.

Agent Cynthia Miller
    Email: theythatwaitsonly@outlook.com
    Contact Email: bmwautomobille@outlook.com

Contact her by providing her with your secret pin code Number BMW:2551256003/23. You are also advised to provide to her with the under listed information as soon as possible:

1. Name in full. 2. Address.
    3. Nationality. 4. Age.
    5. Occupation. 6. Phone/Fax.
    7. Present Country. 8. Email address.
    9. pin code Number BMW:2551256003/23

NOTIFICATION FROM THE HEAD OFFICE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Customers a report came to our office that some people has been using the name of our company to scam people on internet and the management has sent a notification to all our customers to be careful with the e-mail they receive, because we only send emails to our clients from our website.
    Therefore we urge you to disregard any e-mail that is not from our company.

Mr. Gerald Holzmann
    bmwclaimsagent001@cash4u.com
    THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS
    BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT

A scam email with content advising you to avoid other scam emails.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2018

Posted By: alsetalokinBut in addition to leaving their messes all over the floor, they were dialing doggie-sex chatlines instead of 911.

And I bet they didn't even use their own credit card numbers.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2018

This is the entire email, below. How does that work? People volunteer to send "her" money?

Dear beloved in Christ,
    Greetings to you and your family in the name of The Almighty God. My
    name is Mrs. Felicia Richards ; I am a Philippines citizen married to
    an Irish Man, a devoted Christian,Exodus 14 VS 14 says that the lord
    will fight my case and I shall hold my peace.
    I'm a 55 years old, currently in a hospital in United Kingdom. My
    Husband was a timber Merchant who died in a Ghastly Motor Accident and
    during our years of marriage,I had Fibroid which made it impossible
    for us to have a baby of our own
    Remain Blessed
    FELICIA RICHARDS

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2018

Send her your unwanted children.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2018

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2018 edited

Sometimes I wish to be a flapper with developed sex skills.
    My very first BF was so weak and silly that he couldn’t help me discover all pleasures of sex.
    I really think you are not like him and you can help me.

...url of a sex site...

First time that I've heard that term used in reference to contemporary life. Vo-do-de-o-do.
    23 skiddoo, kid.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2018

May not be new but I have not heard the term before:

"Angler phishing is the practice of masquerading as a customer service account on social media, hoping to reach a disgruntled consumer and lure them into handing over access to their personal data or account credentials. "
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2018

SUBJECT: Your Amazon.com account is now limited!

Dear value customer,

Your Amazon.com account does not pass the latest security check.
    Therefore your account must be updated.
    To avoid deletion please use the link bellow:

Update My Account Status!

Copyright Amazon 2018|Message-ID:987562000758327538HSL

It's a good scam. So many people have Amazon accounts and the dupe is so crude, they will rein in the dummies they want.

Link is a .ru domain
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2018

Phone rings.
    Phone scammer: "Hello (my real name) this is (unknown name). How are you?"
    Me:"Not very well, actually."
    P.S.:"Good, good, that's good to hear. I'm account manager with..."
    Me:"click"
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2018 edited