Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013 edited

'I ate a prawn the other day that was more like the size of half a chicken.'

Daily Mail
    Flashback to Land of the Lost (motel scene)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013

Posted By: Lakes'I ate a prawn the other day that was more like the size of half a chicken.'

And probably contained more mercury than the other half of the chicken.. where the thermometer broke.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

I saw one swimming in a cenote once that the dive master later called a "two-taco" shrimp. Before that I had no idea there was such an oxymoron as a giant shrimp.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Had to look up "cenote". Sounds like an interesting dive.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

It was fun, but not as fun as the ocean. Probably one of those things I'll do once.
    There's a good cenote south of Cancun at Xelha
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2013

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanLaurie Anderson asks a question
    Very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2013 edited

My quote of the week comes from the first episode of the new season of Luther (which, BTW as always, was excellent):

"What is this, Nazi Russia?"
    Based on my limited experience at ye Trappe of ye Moles, I can imagine sonoboy exclaiming that.
    And vive la difference, say I.
    [Sheldon prepares to travel no place special on a train]
    Leonard: "You don't even have a toothbrush"
    Sheldon: "I plan to get what I need from shopping malls as I go.... it's called 'living off the land'"
    Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.

Goran Persson
    It's important to abolish the unconscious dogmatism that makes people think their way of looking at reality is the only sane way of viewing the world. My goal is to try to get people into a state of generalized agnosticism, not agnosticism about God alone, but agnosticism about everything.

Robert Anton Wilson

Happy Birthday to Bob!
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.

Tom Robbins
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they’ve found it.

- Terry Pratchett
    (from 'Monstrous Regiment')
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015

Inside every fat girl is a thin girl and a lot of chocolate.

-Terry Pratchett
    (from Carpe Jugulum)
    Posted By: DuracellMy quote of the week comes from the first episode of the new season of Luther (which, BTW as always, was excellent):

Absolutely great show. Loved the sociopath Alice and Idris Elba was outstanding. What new season?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2015

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: DuracellMy quote of the week comes from the first episode of the new season of Luther (which, BTW as always, was excellent):

Absolutely great show. Loved the sociopath Alice and Idris Elba was outstanding. What new season?

Yes, but where IS the bunny man?
    There is a Luther mini-series in the works.

However, "There's no word at this time about whether or not Ruth Wilson, who's currently starring on Showtime's The Affair, will be back as Alice Morgan."

That will be a major mistake if she is not in it.