Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2017

Babies don't vomit. They "spit up".
    Dear god. I knew they weren't human.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2017

Indeed not. They are strange hybrid creatures consisting mostly of pudge and motherhood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2017 edited

“Are you familiar with the Russian saying, 'The past is unpredictable?"

- from the season 3 finale of Fargo.
    Posted By: aber0derThe end of chess.

I thought they would take our jobs. Instead the AIs are playing games and driving expensive automobiles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2017

Strategy behind bagging a successful winter haul

There is a famous story attributed to the angling writer and humourist Fred J Taylor who, with some pals, was fishing at a lake in the dead of winter for pike. It was bitingly cold, they were alone on the water and Taylor and his pals had been at it since dawn. By mid-afternoon, huddled up and hunched over their lifeless rods, they were chilled to the bone. Ice had begun to crinkle around the margins and then it started to snow. For hours, silence had reigned amid the stoicism. Finally, Taylor’s voice came floating down the bank: “Gawd”, the others heard him say, “I’ll be glad when I’ve had enough of this.”

Ha!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2017

BBC divides and delivers

Alastair Cook’s belated Christmas gift to the nation is being gratefully received by people staying up into the early hours. Kathryn from Newbury sent a message to the BBC’s live text coverage saying that she’d been wondering where her husband had been all night until she saw that Cook had scored 244 not out. A few minutes later another text appeared, from a man called Adam, saying: “As we seem to be communicating exclusively through the BBC Sport live text, if you could pass on to Kathryn that I’m on the sofa and I’d love some breakfast. Thanks.”
    Ha!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2018 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2018

The refugee crisis isn’t about refugees. It’s about us

The refugee crisis is not about refugees, rather, it is about us. Our prioritisation of financial gain over people’s struggle for the necessities of life is the primary cause of much of this crisis. The west has all but abandoned its belief in humanity and support for the precious ideals contained in declarations on universal human rights. It has sacrificed these ideals for short-sighted cowardice and greed.

Establishing the understanding that we all belong to one humanity is the most essential step for how we might continue to coexist on this sphere we call Earth. I know what it feels like to be a refugee and to experience the dehumanisation that comes with displacement from home and country. There are many borders to dismantle, but the most important are the ones within our own hearts and minds – these are the borders that are dividing humanity from itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2018

“When the shadow of the sash appeared on the curtains it was between seven and eight o' clock and then I was in time again,hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire; it's rather excruciatingly apt that you will use it to gain the reducto absurdum of all human experience which can fit your individual needs no better than it fitted his or his father's. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.” - William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2018

“The Trans-Pacific Partnership is another disaster done and pushed by special interests who want to rape our country,” Trump said in June 2016. “Just a continuing rape of our country. That’s what it is, too. It’s a harsh word — it’s a rape of our country. This is done by wealthy people that want to take advantage of us and that want to sign another partnership.”

But that was then.
    You have to repeat the phrase three times at least to make it true in Spankyverse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2018

“I honestly never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but I don’t know whether the current president of the United States was with prostitutes peeing on each other in Moscow in 2013. It’s possible, but I don’t know.”- former FBI Director James Comey.
    "The twin booster landing has to be up there in the top 10 coolest things anyone has ever done. And I'm including stuff like Worcestershire sauce on cheese on toast here."
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2018

Cite?
    A random commentator in an article in The Register.
    Cenk Uygur, live stream just now:

"Comey compares Trump to a mob boss, and Trump responds by... acting like a mob boss."