Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

https://gizmodo.com/report-all-intel-processors-made-in-the-last-decade-mi-1821728240
    At least Intel won't get any grief from domestic customers, since Turd & The Gang have all but neutered customer protections by now. The same is however not true outside the US, where Intel has made not insignificant sales.

Looks like there will be 3 choices
    a) take the patch and get up to a 30% slowdown
    b) don't take the patch and compromise security
    c) toss Intel and buy AMD
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2018

Fucking fuck ...
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2018

Posted By: Andrew Palfreymanc) toss Intel and buy AMD

Been doing that for quite some time now, pretty much after the P4.
    Is there some list of vulnerable CPUs? My 2.2 GHz E4500 dual-core is over ten years old I think.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/04/intel_meltdown_spectre_bugs_the_registers_annotations/
    The usual pithy, no-nonsense Brit style for which El Reg is famed. You don't get this quality from the transatlantic nancy boys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2018 edited

I would like to see more of a massive public outcry about Brian Krzanich (Intel CEO) selling off $25,000,000 worth of his Intel stocks and options in November to reduce his stock holding to a level just above the minimum that he is required to hold by Intel. Google had notified Intel about the flaw in their chips back in June, 5 months before he offloaded the maximum possible amount of his Intel stocks and options. Fucking fucker ...

Intel boss sold $25m in shares before chip security flaw disclosure
    Par for the course when you are an insider.

None of this would be possible in a society that respected attempts to reduce income inequality. The kind of society I would like to see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2018

Maybe this will reignite interest in the Babbage Engine, or fluidics. Or the abacus.
    Certainly a truly brain-like computing device would pull a steady 20 Watts or so irrespective of whether awake or asleep, furiously cogitating or chilling out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Are you suggesting a thermal back door to brain data...?
    I thought you understood that the situation is exactly opposite. And no, although I know that blood flow alters with mental state, somehow she keeps chugging along at 20W regardless.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: Andrew Palfreymanhttps://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/12/malware_exfiltrates_data_over_power_supply_cables/

I recall IP over mains some years ago.

Mostly horsemuffins. Even if true, the data rate would be extraordinarily low--perhaps something on the order of a semaphore, so impractical.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Especially after a distribution transformer.
    Intended for a LAN
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2018 edited

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro is ((almost) free) signup-ware now. I just installed it on my PC (a 2012 Mac mini) and it didn't crash. All the pay for play items are now signup for free to play, apparently.