Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2018

Bangladeshi slave labour is cheaper.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

But at the airport you can step into a booth, have your body scanned and minutes later, receive a free colonoscopy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not only free, but involuntary. You don't even have to ask.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: aber0derBut at the airport you can step into a booth, have your body scanned and minutes later, receive a free colonoscopy.
    Ha!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2018

If God had wanted us to fly supersonic biplanes, He would have planted supersonic trees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

They have them on Haida Gwaii. The Supersonic Sitka Spruce. All you need is some supersonic canvas and dope, and some supersonic rigging wires.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Bombardier is behind it Angus, part of the master plan to make flights to other CANZUK countries faster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2018

REL’s Skylon spaceplane aims to take on SpaceX with a reusable rocket design.

https://www.theverge.com/2016/3/8/11174670/rel-skylon-spaceplane-announced-jet-engine-rocket-propulsion
    2 year old article. I've put Skylon into the "dicking about" category now. One of those "great invention, pity about the follow through" things for which Brits are world famous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2018

I thought spaceX prices would wipe it out but it still seems competitive, maybe CANZUK would finance it?

But a nuclear Verne gun could put 10,000 tons into a high or low earth orbit via a lunar assist and attachable guide rockets helping with either a space elevator or skyhooks depending on the strength and cost of the cables available.

And like I have posted before in an emergency like the magnetic poles shifting, superconducting cable or there components could be put into orbit to protect the earth from harmful radiation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Trimmaybe CANZUK would finance it?

Only if you can get Wee Donald to see sense about his preposterous trade war.
    Posted By: TrimBut a nuclear Verne gun could
    No worries then. Tell you what - we'll locate it in your back garden m'kay?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

That's OK by the time it is built I would be gone.

As you know fossil fuels add radiation to the atmosphere much more each year then a properly designed Verne nuclear gun if it was used to launch material to put material for orbital solar power stations to cut out all fossil fuel being burnt it would greatly reduce radiation.

As it doesn't need to be launched on the equator the south pole would do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2018

Only a few years out of date.

Quantum setback for warp drives.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/412867/quantum-setback-for-warp-drives/
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2018

Using a Microwriter.

https://vimeo.com/42663486
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2018 edited

I first ran into that idea in the early '70s. It seemed like a good one - I remember one chap dreaming of taking notes secretly with his hand in his pocket. I don't know why it never caught on.

Maybe it says something about our basic natures. We'd rather a simple action to give a definite outcome - like hitting someone over the head. Complex combinations are not in our natures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2018 edited

I thought it would comeback again to replace the tiny keyboards on phones, it was to expensive when it first came out, compared to normal keyboards.

Great idea though.

So you used hangout with guys who fiddled with their hands in their pockets, interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2018