Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2018 edited

I suspect that the successor to homo sapiens will not be the cockroach but rubus armeniacus. It is pretty well indestructable but mounts a savage defence anyway.
    Blackberries form large, dense, impenetrable thickets that can limit movement of large animals, take over stream channels and stream banks, and reduce sight lines along rights-of-ways. Thickets increase flooding and erosion potential by out-competing deep-rooted native shrubs that would otherwise provide bank stability.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Here's
    something to work with, whatever your building project is.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2018

Should I start saving up for my dream house?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: Angus
    Blackberries form large, dense, impenetrable thickets that can limit movement of large animals, take over stream channels and stream banks, and reduce sight lines along rights-of-ways. Thickets increase flooding and erosion potential by out-competing deep-rooted native shrubs that would otherwise provide bank stability.

Seems to be the only thing that can out-compete Scotch Broom (Cytisus scoparius). It's been interesting observing what happens with newly-clear rights-of-way. The SB seems to take over initially, but is eventually strangled by blackberry thickets.

About a week ago, I went to visit a cache of water (several 5 gallon plastic buckets and two 30 gallon trash cans) that I collect during the winter and save for spraying.during the summertime. Bears had gotten to the entire lot, overturning (but not uncovering) the buckets and utterly demolishing the trash cans. Sigh. Time to start over.
    But fresh blackberry pie! Yummmy.
    Posted By: Angus
    Here's
    something to work with, whatever your building project is.
    Next up: toilet paper made from shit.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: alsetalokinBut fresh blackberry pie! Yummmy.

I thought that most blackberry pie involved cooking the filling, so not really "fresh". There are tamer varieties of berries; I like marionberry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Blackberry and apple crumble with a good dollop of freshly whipped cream. Mmmm...
    Posted By: Asterix
    Posted By: alsetalokinBut fresh blackberry pie! Yummmy.

I thought that most blackberry pie involved cooking the filling, so not really "fresh". There are tamer varieties of berries; I like marionberry.

You cook pie? No wonder mine haven't been turning out all that well.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2018

Lol
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2018 edited

I built this nice thing:

Tried to upgrade OSX Siri to Hi, Siri!
    Had to reformat my SSD and it took a whole metric day to restore everything.

At least the stupid restore from 'Time Machine' backup nonsense worked as advertised.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2018

That upgrade was problematic for me too.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Building this but I don't know what I'm doing at all. Hope my universal incompetence does not harm anyone.