Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2015

I can get FTTH on this Caribbean island 20 miles by 5.
    Verizon FIOS;

Download: 56.68Mbps
    Upload: 64.11Mbps
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015

0.71 Mbps up and down. I don't have FTTH. But my supplier is not meeting spec. Grrrr.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015 edited

All of the providers here in their advertising avoid the use of the word "broadband" and instead use "high speed" instead.

Turns out that "broadband" has a specific legal meaning, currently, as of 2015, 6.0 Mbps or better. The providers don't want to be held to that.

15 years ago, the "cat's pajamas" was ISDN at 64Kbps. T1 could get you 1.0Mbps. Now we have gigabit networking and we piss most of it away drawing pretty pictures and running huge scripts that mostly do nothing productive.
    Posted By: AsterixNow we have gigabit networking and we piss most of it away...

...on this:

...reminds me of.... Oh never mind.
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015 edited

Download here 20 Mbps, upload not determined.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler

I ordered my new connection yesterday - I live out in the sticks, and we've been petitioning for a number of years to get anything like a sensible speed out of our suppliers. The new service is promising 50Mbps d/l speeds, although I suspect that we're only getting FTTC, so since the actual cabinet is still over a mile away, we'll probably only get around 75% of that. Still, it's a 100 times improvement for most of our village!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

70 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up here on basic (40 Euro per month) plan. Higher bandwidth options available on higher cost plans.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2018

aww, pobrecito...
    I think Berners-Lee has integrity. He also invented the web.

What precisely justifies that condescending remark?
    Sour grapes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2018

He never made a dime out of it. Maybe he's a kindred spirit.
    But he did get a gong. Would you like to be Sir Alan Setalokin CBE?
    Does it entitle me to burial in Westminster Abbey?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I think the snow dump behind the Calgary Board of Education is aboit the best we can do right now. Could I interest you in a beautiful cremation?
    Honesty is its own reward, but bribery pays better.
    I did do the Queen a small favour once.

(I stayed home...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

We are grateful, thank you.
    We would like you to consider that our absences from San Antonio have provided you with a similar benefit.