Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2018

If the climate predictions are realized, that won't be the only thing that will be frozen stiff.
    Schneeblitz!
    Tesla is going to be massive.
    I always wondered about that business of sweeping a laser pointer on Earth across the surface of the Moon and how it seemed like a disturbance propagating at a ground speed far in excess of the speed of light. I also wonder about simulating a ponderous mass rotating at an impossible speed using light in a similar way, and whether any spacetime effects would be noticeable at the local centre.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2018

If you close a pair of scissors fast enough the intersection will also go faster than light, no?
    No.
    Neither will there be anything of interest going faster than light when you sweep a laser beam.
    Thank you, but we knew that
    Consider the advantages which would accrue, were we able to replace all AI researchers with shoe salesmen.
    Chickens, cows, pigs and sheep by the millions.Hard to comprehend the scale of it all. Look forward to the day when all can be synthesised. I suspect the eggs will be particularly difficult.
    That would effectively move those species to the extinct list
    Most of our food producing already has been modified beyond the original animal or plantss ability to survive without human intervention.
    just say thank you Monsanto when your 9 YO daughter sudenly turns into a sixteen year old.
    Personaly I prefer meat from an animal that converts it's food through natural processes to food created from oh say animal waste products.
    Not only that but them pig eggs, you need a pretty big pan if you like'm sunny side up.
    Last pig egg I looked at I needed a microscope Just to see it.
    It would take 30,000 pigs eggs to make an omlet.
    Next time you visit a Texas diner for breakfast ... be careful what you order.
    Not gonna happen Texas is way to small.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2019

Be sure to try the Mountain Oysters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2019

We call them Prairie Oysters here. They taste about like what you'd expect.
    My feeling is that Einstein was right about EPR after all, despite all the Bell's loopholes having been closed of late. The way this has to work is that there's an actual connection between the entangled particles, but the nature of it looks to our experiments as though both locality and realism are violated. Whether or not the epithet "dimension" is appropriate I do not know, but it's always seemed to me as if there's a physical wormhole connecting the entangled partners. Recent theories suggest that entanglement is the glue that holds space and time together. So my prediction is that we get a handle on this subspace, and learn how to manipulate it. This will result in our ability to manipulate spacetime and to travel instantaneously around within it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2019

Unusual amount of SooN in that, AP, by your standards.
    Updated
    I think you need to go all the way down to subsubsubsubspace before you can manipulate anything closer to reality.

Besides, you can find some real bargains down there.
    As I said, "dimension" is not really the right word, but it's convenient. Likewise the "sub" in subspace, which seems falsely to imply a hierarchy. That is not the intent. The "space" in subspace likewise is just a convenient series of scratchmarks.

But good luck shopping.