Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2016

Crashing into the Antonov 225.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: AngusThey can get through a tiny crack now.On their own!

When will the Black Quads come for YOU?

There's a huge difference between "narrow" and "tiny". The video was relatively "narrow".
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

That was a vectorial "tiny". I should have typed tiny. SorryTM
    Counting angels on the head of a pin was child's play compared to this
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2016

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2017

TX

Drone big enough to carry people passes another milestone.

https://techxplore.com/news/2017-01-drone-big-people-milestone.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017 edited

As a part of STEM a friend and I have put together a training class on Drones with emphasis on quadcopters. He is a part of a program that started in a local high school teaching robotics. The team has been successful in award winning competition with peers throughout the country.

Recently he got funding to teach a group of middle school kids how to build a drone. They designed their own frames using K'nex construction modules plus what ever their creative minds could muster. Propulsion and control systems were provided by sponsors.

This 100 Mbyte folder is a preliminary training package we plan to circulate to other middle and high schools in the state that are interested in starting their own programs.

Constructive criticism is solicited here.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017

Most hovercraft's require a steering blades.fan at the rear, use drone tech to do away with that?
    I would image less power is required for the fans on a hovercraft then is used on the drone motors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

But you then have to co-ordinate torques on very powerful turbine engines (for, say, a hover ferry) that's not as easy as controlling a bunch of brushless dc motors.

@johnq - thanks. I'm going to look at that with interest to get pointers.

And using this space to record a personal best - I got the Yuneec out to 1.5 km a few weeks ago. Not a lot by the existing standard, but exciting since you can't see it at all at that distance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: AngusAnd using this space to record a personal best - I got the Yuneec out to 1.5 km a few weeks ago. Not a lot by the existing standard, but exciting since you can't see it at all at that distance.

Careful. Regulatory rules in the USA and UK (and I imagine elsewhere) mandate that remote controlled aircraft are in the operators sight at all times. Given the increasing frequency of close calls between drones and manned aircraft, the regulators may be getting a little twitchy and looking for people to make examples of!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It is in line of sight, which is I think, the current rule here. Whether it is in sight is of course dependent on your sight.

I am a bit careful about hazard. I never fly anywhere except over the immense stretches of semi-unexplored forest or semi-untravelled ocean that we are fortunate to have around here. It does make for nothing to look at except waves and the tops of conifers, but it's safer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2017 edited

Symbiosis

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2017

1. Trump
    2. Pence
    3. Ryan
    4. Priebus
    5. McConnell
    6. Sessions
    7. DeVos
    8. Price
    9. Pruitt
    10. Carson
    11. Mnuchin
    12. Bannon
    13. Ross
    14. Tillerson
    15. Kushner
    ++. Goldman-Sachs appointees
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman1. Trump
    2. Pence
    3. Ryan
    4. Priebus
    5. McConnell
    6. Sessions
    7. DeVos
    8. Price
    9. Pruitt
    10. Carson
    11. Mnuchin
    12. Bannon
    13. Ross
    14. Tillerson
    15. Kushner
    ++. Goldman-Sachs appointees

What does this have to do with drones? Color me befuddled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTime6 days ago

They are all unproductive says AP