Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015

The new iPad Maxi is great. Google it out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ipad+%20macro
    So's the Maxi Pad; but, I wouldn't expect you to have a personal opinion about that.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2015

The Maxi Pad is a lot cheaper but has limited usage as a tablet. :)
    • CommentAuthortinker

But good for copious menstruation.
    Or plugging dykes
    • CommentAuthortinker

+2
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

• CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: aber0derAnd this...

Is Oculus' Luckey any relation to Bob Luckey of Bell Labs?
    Just a Luckey chance?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

No, just familiar with Bob's work, and as occasional editor for IEEE Spectrum. A very entertaining fellow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2018

Thermal throttle debacle. Proving once again, high cost != quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2018 edited

The problem is that the Mac is only a tiny part of the Apple pie and Steve Jobs' last obsession was thinness.
    (insert last photo of Steve Jobs here)
    It's sad because they don't even seem to try to expand the MacOS market and I would buy a solid Mac at a good price. But nope. And now it looks like they're closing hackintosh route with their custom chip nonsense.
    Sad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2018

Apple block repairs on new Macbook Pro.

"It would seem that, without the proprietary software, third-party repair services will not be able to fix MacBook Pros that suffer from issues with the display assembly, the logic board, the keyboard and trackpad, and the Touch ID board, according to Motherboard. For iMac Pros, the lock will engage if you replace the logic board or flash storage. The computer won’t be usable again until Apple Service Toolkit 2, the name of the diagnostic tool, is used by a member of the company’s Authorized Service Provider program."

I guess you have to choose to buy it so that is just another constraint. I'm surprised Apple don't offer a subscription service; for a few thousand a year you get phone, watch, PC/screen and a black t-shirt with a banana on the front. No more worries about not having the latest phone or your mac track-pad failing and having to get a quote from the apple shock^H^Hp - "*how fucking much*?"
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2018

It looks like my iPhone SE is going to be my very last Apple device.
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2018 edited

Ever since got an iPhone, 10 years ago, I've been hooked to pro Apple sites that seem borderline delusional.

That border has been crossed as never before with a fascinating editorial at Apple Insider. In it, the author looks offended because people are comparing Microsoft latest developments to what Apple should have done.

after decades of chiding Apple for not building a "headless" PC box from the '90s, suddenly the reason "you'll buy the Microsoft Surface Studio 2" —and don't worry, you actually won't —is because it incorporates a nice display.

They can't stand that the competition uses the same argument as them.

Higher entry price, fewer options: why can't Apple do this?

It has for decades. They also add "seldom updated", to which I can only say I know of a person who bought a 5 year old Macbook Air 3 months ago.

you might also wonder why Microsoft does, actively suggesting here that consumers wait for an upgradable version in the pipeline

Honesty as a bug, not a feature.

Apple's Mac operations have generated $25.2 billion in revenues over the last four quarters. Microsoft's total Surface revenues over the same period were $4.7 billion.

The fallacy of using sales as an argument for quality is what Steve Jobs fought about most of his life.

Apple released its 5K iMac with 500 nits of brightness at 5128 by 2880 —higher than the Surface Studio 2. Plus, that iMac display is in a more media-creative friendly 16:9 aspect ratio.

Same goes for screen resolution, at least in every keynote at which Apple didn't unveil the highest resolution screen on the market.

Surface Studio 2: a product for creative pros that's not very pro

Apple made Final Cut Pro X.

Sorry for the small rant. My bet is that they are not only delusional, they also have Apple stock and just don't want it to go down.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2018

My iPod doesn't charge when it is locked.
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2018 edited

My iPhone just updated apps by surprise. It was disabled.

Edit: I had it disabled in one part of the config menu, but not in another. My guess is that Apple just goes ahead if you don't uncheck both.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2018

After all, they just send stuff. It's up to you to bat it away if you don't want it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2018

Like complaining that the radio is producing music.