Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormagic moment
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2019 edited

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

D Adams
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2019

“I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news.” - John Muir
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2019

Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength is shown in levity.

G.K. Chesterton, The Man Who Was Thursday
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2019

If you had dared to suggest one hundred years ago that God and the devil were in cahoots, you would be invited to attend a barbecue in the public square, and you would be the barbecuee. But today it is apparent that the same force that answers some prayers also causes it to rain anchovies and is behind everything from sea serpents to flying saucers. It distorts our reality whimsically, perhaps out of boredom, or perhaps because it is a little crazy. God may be a crackpot.

John A. Keel
    I fail to see the evil nature of raining anchovies. After all, they are a universally adored pizza topping.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI fail to see the evil nature of raining anchovies. After all, they are a universally adored pizza topping.

Perhaps not so universally adored...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2019

Not so for those watching their salt content due to hypertension.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2019

For unto a povre ordre for to yive
    Is signe that a man is wel y-shrive –
    For if he yaf, he dorste make avaunt,
    He wiste that a man was repentaunt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2019

AH... the Guardian article makes it clear that McCabe wasn't actually at the meeting in question. Rather, he was re-stating what another FBI agent, who was at the meeting, told him about what the POTUS and Rosenstein and others said.

So that tends to dampen my enthusiasm about McCabe's statements now. I totally think he got screwed out of his pension but I also am beginning to believe some of the negatives concerning him as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2019

My feeling as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2019 edited

Playing chess is like giving your mother-in-law an enema.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2019

This is a personal testimony?
    Certainly not!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2019

We should not be haunted by the specter of being automated out of work. We should be excited by that. But the reason we’re not excited by it is because we live in a society where if you don’t have a job, you are left to die. And that is, at its core, our problem.

AOC
    grrl make too much sense
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2019 edited

Yabut she's got the equation wrong.

Should be "If you don't have money (i.e. fiat currency), you're left to die. There are scions of the wealthy who have never held a job in their lives and live like King Solomon. I've run into a few, where the family simply gives the kid a yearly allowance and turns him out, so that he agrees not to take any part in the family business.

If you already have holes, you don't need a drill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2019

The theory of space and time is a cultural artifact made possible by the invention of graph paper. If we had invented the digital computer before graph paper, we might have a very different theory of information today… What modern computer scientists have realized is that ordering by space and time is the worst possible way to store data…