Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2019 edited

Posted By: goatcheezThe theory of space and time is a cultural artifact made possible by the invention of graph paper. If we had invented the digital computer before graph paper, we might have a very different theory of information today… What modern computer scientists have realized is that ordering by space and time is the worst possible way to store data…

That's deliciously stupid.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2019

Well, we could always order by woo-factor.
    Or by attractiveness to badgers
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2019

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
    (Vice President Dan Quayle - this was part of his address to the United Negro College Fund, whose slogan is "a mind is a terrible thing to waste")
    Quayle sounded wasted most of the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2019

Do not try and bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth…there is no spoon. Then you’ll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019

We are living in a computer-programmed reality, and the only clue we have to it is when some variable is changed, and some alteration in our reality occurs. We would have the overwhelming impression that we were re-living the present – déjà vu – perhaps in precisely the same way: hearing the same words, saying the same words.

Philip K. Dick 1977
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2019

The fact that BBC Radio 4's Gardner's question time has Pippa "Greenwood" and Bob "Flowerdew" as presenters - fraying at the edges, that's what I'd say to your simulation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2019

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster. For when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. -Nietzsche

I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,
    I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.
    A monster, a monster,
    I've turned into a monster,
    A monster, a monster,
    And it keeps getting stronger.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2019

“I checked the actuarial tables, and the lowest death rate is among six-year-olds. So I decided to eat like a six-year-old. It’s the safest course I can take,” (Warren) Buffett told Fortune.

ref.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2019 edited

So, Buffet eats like a toddler whereas Trump tantrums like one ...
    You can't just go around turning nouns into verbs like that you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

The verbing of nouns is prohibited? ...
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Many words are both. No participling needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2019

Reality provides us with facts so romantic that imagination itself could add nothing to them.

Jules Verne
    I don't know why I call him Gerund
    'China, if you're listening, why don't you get Trump's tax returns'

- Hillary Clinton
    The album that resulted, Dog Eat Dog, released in October 1985, turned out to be only a moderate seller, peaking at No. 63 on Billboard's Top Albums Chart, Mitchell's lowest chart position since her first album peaked at No. 189 almost eighteen years before. One of the songs on the album, "Tax Free", created controversy by lambasting "televangelists" and what she saw as a drift to the religious right in American politics. "The churches came after me", she wrote, "they attacked me, though the Episcopalian Church, which I've seen described as the only church in America which actually uses its head, wrote me a letter of congratulation."[16]
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2019

The world we see that seems so insane is the result of a belief system that is not working. To perceive the world differently, we must be willing to change our belief system, let the past slip away, expand our sense of now, and dissolve the fear in our minds.

William James
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2019

We may go on from this day to Mars and to Jupiter and even to the heavens beyond, but as long as racism, poverty and hunger and war prevail on the Earth we as a civilized nation have failed.

Ralph Abernathy (July 1969)