Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2016 edited

Tesla Masterplan Part II.

"So, in short, Master Plan, Part Deux is:

Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage
    Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments
    Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning
    Enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it "

Visionary or a big crock of soon?
    It's quite nice, really
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2016

As usual, at least part crock. The cars are beautiful but unaffordable to the average working stiff. People prefer Priuses.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Don't I recall you saying that the Prius was a heap of shit awhile back?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

If the car can earn you money why you are not using it, it could very well work out very economical in practice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

My other car is an Uber driver.
    The car had misunderstood my slurred directions from last evening. I awoke in the back seat in the middle of a desert on a dirt road a hundred miles from anywhere. The sun beat down, the fuel gauges registered empty, and my phone showed zero bars.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

"The ZERO candy bar, introduced in 1920, is a candy bar composed of a combination of caramel, peanut and almond nougat covered with a layer of white fudge (AKA White Chocolate fudge)." YUK!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

No elixir?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

To place it among chocolate, caramel, peanuts and nougat would be a crime against the pure Northern Essence of the Golden Elixir.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2016 edited

Posted By: tinkerDon't I recall you saying that the Prius was a heap of shit awhile back?
    No. I never said that. What I said was that I rented one a few times a few years ago and on one occasion, I nearly got into a bad accident entering a high speed reserved lane on a California highway because the car had very poor acceleration from 45 mph or so.

Other than that issue, and hills, the car is a delight, especially in the city where running on electric power in a traffic jam and having the engine always shut off while stopped is amazing. We averaged about 40 mpg (US) in horrible Los Angeles traffic. My Belchfire gets 14 mpg in similar circumstances. Priuses are roomy and quiet. Personally, I don't like the controls and the dash compared to more conventional cars but maybe one gets used to that. I also have some safety concerns in a bad crash but I don't know the actual statistics.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Lakes"The ZERO candy bar, introduced in 1920, is a candy bar composed of a combination of caramel, peanut and almond nougat covered with a layer of white fudge (AKA White Chocolate fudge)." YUK!
    Invented by a dentist on a slow day?
    Moral of the story: I should have sprung for the solar roof option
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanMoral of the story: I should have sprung for the solar roof option
    More and more people are-- and in certain sunny places, and on many days of the year, they draw no power from the grid and some can even sell a few kW hrs.
    In my quiet, leafy suburban street on the southern outskirts of San Jose, I don't yet see this happening. One would expect to gradually see a transition to cars with solar roofs sitting in their driveways and plugged in to the side of the house/garage.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2016

I was speaking of homes with solar cells on the roof, not cars.
    Oh, we have a bunch of those already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2016

Why would they put cars on their roofs?
    Heh!