Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2019

Posted By: alsetalokinGood grief has it been a week already?

Anyway,I found the missing C-clamp!

It was in a place I had already checked at least half a dozen times. Right where it should have been in the first place, actually. Right where I lost it, in fact! Recall there was a "bobble" of some kind and the clamp disappeared. Clearly it wasn't missing at all -- it simply translocated temporally and appeared this afternoon, after traversing a week of... whatever is underneath this reality.

And I wasn't even looking for it when I found it.

That or something similar happened to me a lot over the years and even in my youth. I think it's a failure in object permanence and resulting panic and confusion reinforcing the belief that the object in question must be gone or misplaced that makes it even harder to find it because the probability of the object to be found decreases continuously.

So the best idea is to #walkaway for a week or so to de-bias your receptional apparatus.
    Sort of like when a tape head becomes magnetized over time, and hence wipes out highs in other tapes played on it?

Maybe I need to be demagnetized.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Stand close to an old CRT TV and turn it on for a degaussing.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: alsetalokinSort of like when a tape head becomes magnetized over time, and hence wipes out highs in other tapes played on it?

Maybe I need to be demagnetized.

But you should be prepared for the cascade of lost objects suddenly tipped back into your life
    Now that is a truly frightening thought.
    Death by lost socks and biros
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2019

ROME - Italy’s Justice Ministry has ordered a preliminary inquiry into an appeals court ruling that overturned a rape verdict in part by arguing that the woman who was attacked was too ugly to be a credible rape victim.

I guess they have never heard of a "two bagger" in Italy.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/europe/2019/03/13/italy-outraged-as-court-finds-victim-too-ugly-to-be-raped.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2019

A Russian defense ministry report has said elite troops can short circuit computers with their brain waves, and read documents hidden inside a locked safe.

Telepathy and other psychic abilities were developed by working closely with Russian dolphins, the report called "Super Soldier for the Wars of the Future," said in the Armeisky Sbornik magazine.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/technology/businessinsider/article/A-Russian-defense-ministry-report-claims-its-13741115.php
    I've been reading bollocks like that since "Psycho-spiritual Research Behind The Iron Curtain" by Lynn Ostrader et al.

Quick, call Lyall Watson!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

The US military just stared at goats.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2019 edited

Sure, and you can communicate with submarines by dropping brine shrimp into boiling water. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I guess it's not a good way to communicate with brine shrimp, anyway.
    Torturing twin rabbits at widely separated locations also helps, I hear
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Posted By: alsetalokinSure, and you can communicate with submarines by dropping brine shrimp into boiling water. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    But it was from mysanantonio.com
    Posted By: goatcheez
    Posted By: alsetalokinSure, and you can communicate with submarines by dropping brine shrimp into boiling water. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    But it was from mysanantonio.com

I know, I saw that. It's silly season right now, until Fiesta is over with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanTorturing twin rabbits at widely separated locations also helps, I hear

Quantum entanglement
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Lagomorphic entanglement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2019