Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2016

In case any of you are ever tempted - I just spend an hour to remove a fuse, hanging upside down over a tub of shit, working through a mirror.
    And it dropped?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

No, but that was the burnt one. It's the replacement that will drop.
    Netting is your friend
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2016 edited

Why do you carry a tub of shit on your boat? To discourage pirates?

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanNetting is your friend
    Shit removal is your friend.

Oh, and BTW, CPT Obvious says:I am sure you know, unless the fault that caused the original fuse to burn out is found and corrected, the replacement will most likely burn out as well.
    I could do with some of that. There seems to be an awful lot of that in my life of late - the shit, not its removal, I mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugoWhy do you carry a tub of shit on your boat? To discourage pirates?

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanNetting is your friend
    Shit removal is your friend.

Oh, and BTW, CPT Obvious says:I am sure you know, unless the fault that caused the original fuse to burn out is found and corrected, the replacement will most likely burn out as well.

Thank you for your concern. The tub of shit is a requirement for sailing in US waters. In the civilised world (i.e. around here) we just run it through a macerator pump and toss it overboard. The reason for the blown fuse is personal stupidity and I would take it kindly if the 'trap didn't push that one any further.
    Posted By: AngusThe tub of shit is a requirement for sailing in US waters
    So that's how Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck make a bit of cash on the side.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2016

You have to take Rush on board when you sail in US waters? That seems unreasonable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I didn't know that. Is it a new rule? I think I'll stay here after all.
    There is a hugely wide choice as to the tubs of shit available
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I'm not into variety in that matter. In fact, I'm really not into tubs of shit at all. To the greatest extent possible, that is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

As long as you just have enough for personal consumption.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I have never found myself with a greater need for shit than can easily be supplied.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

Does it have to be the really good shit or will any ole shit suffice? I mean, the good shit can easily cost US$1,000 / oz.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You are perhaps forgetting where I live.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

Oh, yeah, that small town on the island where they grow the best.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Marine head basic rules: Never place anything into the head that did not go through you first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

On pain of death. I make a special exception to my rule on threats to property when it comes to marine heads. At least in my boat.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2016

They are pretty stinking miserable devices. I remember replacing some gaskets on a well use one but it was only a PortaPotty type. A surgical mask soaked in cologne helps as does a double set of gloves. Wish I'd had a spare and had been able to simply commit the misbehaving device to the deep. You have some sincere sympathy. We have a sign over the head which says: "Poop Deck".