Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010

Since this thread has wondered well off topic - as threads do - I may as well try to get some info from its readers.

Somewhere, someone at sometime was very enthusiastic about the fact that only half the electrical energy was being used and that the other half (back EMF) was available if one could find out how to use it.

Can anyone give me the name (or names) of that person?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Since when is BEMF, which is a FORCE equatable to ENERGY?
    • CommentAuthornycbon

Posted By: Grimer
    Posted By: nycbon
    To be fair, he also believes in the existence of a infallible, omnipotent, caring, involved god ...

I do indeed.

And in Jesus Christ his only Son, Our Lord.

classic... absurd, but classic

It is like pressing a button "...his son, our one true lord, the maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen...."

It would be kinda of cute.... if you were 4 years old and we were referring to Santa Claus... as it is, simply a chilling reminder of the power of religious indoctrination
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010 edited

Posted By: joshsSince when is BEMF, which is aFORCEequatable toENERGY?

It isn't. I'll put it in another way. He was wondering how he could harness the force to give extra energy. But thanks for the comment.
    Edit: I suppose I owe you a vote of thanks in drawing attention to my careless wording since it has drawn my attention to what he was on about and why. Also, how to achieve the object he was after. I still don't know who he (or they) were.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

To be fair, he also believes in the existence of a infallible, omnipotent, caring, involved god ...

I do indeed.

It is like pressing a button "...his son, our one true lord, the maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen...."

It would be kinda of cute.... if you were 4 years old and we were referring to Santa Claus... as it is, simply a chilling reminder of the power of religious indoctrination

And I thank God for my doctrinal instruction and its power. I am also grateful to my teachers of English, Maths, etc., for their "indoctrination" as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Wow! What was God like as a teacher in the class?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

I do indeed.

And I thank God for my doctrinal instruction and its power. I am also grateful to my teachers of English, Maths, etc., for their "indoctrination" as well.
    They may have failed miserably, but it is nice of you to thank them for their efforts.
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP

Hi Frank,

I think I could have a solution to your problem

Fill a balloon with Acetaldehyde (CH3CHO) B.P of 20.8C and on a warm day it will expand and thus inflate the balloon.

Now tie it to another balloon filled with helium such that the two in combination are buoyant.

Let them rise and eventually the one with the Acetaldehyde gas will adiabatically cool and condense thus collapsing the balloon and thus the two connected balloons will fall and repeat the cycle.

If you thus had a very big wheel with balloons filled with Acetaldehyde then it seems reasonable that you could get it turning forever and even do some work.
    That could be done without balloons:

http://www.brynmawr.edu/geology/206/gruenstein2.htm

• CommentAuthorYAFFP

Frank wants a wheel!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: YAFFPHi Frank,

I think I could have a solution to your problem

Fill a balloon with Acetaldehyde (CH3CHO) B.P of 20.8C and on a warm day it will expand and thus inflate the balloon.

Now tie it to another balloon filled with helium such that the two in combination are buoyant.

Let them rise and eventually the one with the Acetaldehyde gas will adiabatically cool and condense thus collapsing the balloon and thus the two connected balloons will fall and repeat the cycle.

If you thus had a very big wheel with balloons filled with Acetaldehyde then it seems reasonable that you could get it turning forever and even do some work.

Interesting suggestion - but that would be a heat engine and I'm interested in a gravity engine. I'm also interested in the secret of Bessler's gravity engine since I am confident he had one. I think the solution will be quite simple once one can see it. As Stafford Beer claimed. It's just a matter of the right language. The introduction of the concepts of Compreture and Ekergy are two steps towards that goal.
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP

The recent research that suggests gravity shielding is possible is what you need then.

If you recall that a spinning superconductor has a supposed effect on gravity then it should make sense to design a wheel that has gravity shielding on one side, presto - magic spinning wheel.

Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

Thinking about it, I would try a two-balloon system, too.

Fill one with Nitrous Oxide (N2O). Fill the other with Diethyl Ether (CH3-CH2-O-CH2-CH3).

Now take alternate turns inhaling from each balloon. After a few minutes you might begin to have a new understanding of The Nature Of Time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Ah you're a gas man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: YAFFPThe recent research that suggests gravity shielding is possible is what you need then.

If you recall that a spinning superconductor has a supposed effect on gravity then it should make sense to design a wheel that has gravity shielding on one side, presto - magic spinning wheel.

Good luck!

Thanks.

I don't think gravity shielding will be necessary. I think it's just a matter of recognising the significance of Shannon's Information theorem which states the the maximum uncertainty (the maximum energy) is obtained when A = B (anyone who has read his Theory of Communication will know what that means).

Unfortunately some years ago I had a big clear out of the books I had "won" from my research establishment when I retired so I have had to order up a new copy from Amazon. Fortunately they had a second hand copy at only £7. Sometimes these old classics can be horrendously expensive.

When A = B, energy = Exergy. Bessler must have discovered how to put Exergy to work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: GrimerI think it's just a matter of recognising the significance of Shannon's Information theorem which states the the maximum uncertainty (the maximum energy) is obtained when A = B (anyone who has read his Theory of Communication will know what that means).

I have and I don't.
    • CommentAuthornycbon

I do indeed.

Ya, here is the issue, the point you are missing is that you are trying to get people to buy into your crazy energy systems, but your avowed beliefs demonstrate that your critical thinking skills rank somewhere between moss and chimpanzee. It puts you at a huge disadvantage of trying to convince people of anything...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRunningBare

I do indeed.

And in Jesus Christ his only Son, [strike]our[/strike]my Lord.

Fixed, don't like others speaking for me thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: GrimerI think it's just a matter of recognising the significance of Shannon's Information theorem which states the the maximum uncertainty (the maximum energy) is obtained when A = B (anyone who has read his Theory of Communication will know what that means).

I have and I don't.

When I get the copy I've ordered from Amazon I'll find the passage which refers to A equalling B.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: GrimerWhen I get the copy I've ordered from Amazon I'll find the passage which refers to A equalling B.

Just tell me what A and B are and I'll work it out myself.