Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010

Posted By: Quanten
    Posted By: Grimer
    Posted By: Angus@Duracell

Come now. No discussion of women or religion in the mess. And this place is definitely turning into a mess.

Couldn't agree more Angus. But New York City Bon started it on the very first page of this thread and others have joined in. I'm sure you will agree that I have a right to defend myself.

Haaa. the martyr concept.

Or you could jsut had the stupid people which will burn in hell alone. After all, why would you have to defend your religion agaisnt the word of the pagan/atheist ? Is your faith so weak that you have to defend it when people mock it ? Is your god so vain that he can#t support the mere thought of us not believing in his existence ?

No. by your own account of your own faith, and by the hypotheses of an existing omnipotent god, if you both of you are secure in their faith, then none of you should even BOTHER to asnwer us.

That you indeed feel you have to defend your faith is t me a strong indication that unconsciously know, it isn't as strong as you consciously think it is.

Believe you me I am very tempted to let you all go to hell. However, it is my Christian duty to prevent it if at all possible - and one of the ways is "Instructing the ignorant", one of the Seven Spiritual Works of Mercy if my memory serves me correctly.
    • CommentAuthorsniffle

Grimer, how do you know this crap? And how did the sickos who taught you it to you know it? Where the fuck does this come from? And how is it more valid than the teachings of the FSM?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Grimer
    Believe you me I am very tempted to let you all go to hell. However, it is my Christian duty to prevent it if at all possible - and one of the ways is "Instructing the ignorant", one of the Seven Spiritual Works of Mercy if my memory serves me correctly.
    Who is tempting you to let us all go to Walmart? Many here aren't interested in going to Walmart and many don't have a Walmart to go to.
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP

If there is a God why would he be so unreasonable to force mankind to burn carbon etc when he could have made free energy possible? imagine the deserved praise he (God) would receive if Orbo was real instead of a con.

Sean, and Frank would become, in the fullness of time, the patron saints for free green energy.

The Lord's prayer would be writ "give us this day our daily gravity wheel energy"

Perhaps Frank your mistake is to ask us mere mortals to do God's work, you should get together with Sean and have a power prayer session.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: YAFFPIf there is a God why would he be so unreasonable to force mankind to burn carbon etc when he could have made free energy possible? imagine the deserved praise he (God) would receive if Orbo was real instead of a con.

Sean, and Frank would become, in the fullness of time, the patron saints for free green energy.

The Lord's prayer would be writ "give us this day our daily gravity wheel energy"

Perhaps Frank your mistake is to ask us mere mortals to do God's work, you should get together with Sean and have a power prayer session.
    Frank's wheel might work fine if he can convince Peter Popoff to send him some miracle oil to lubricate it. Then again, it might not. Tragically, Peter Popoff only offers miracle water. He's such a sweet guy, he sends out the miracle water for free.
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010 edited

Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: YAFFPIf there is a God why would he be so unreasonable to force mankind to burn carbon etc when he could have made free energy possible? imagine the deserved praise he (God) would receive if Orbo was real instead of a con.

Frank's wheel might work fine if he can convince Peter Popoff to send him some miracle oil to lubricate it. Then again, it might not. Tragically, Peter Popoff only offers miracle water. He's such a sweet guy, he sends out the miracle water for free.

Popoff sounds like a guy promoting methane as a fuel source. I note he refers to the power of the Holy Spirit, is that an oblique reference to a spirit engine?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: Grimerin. I'm sure you will agree that I have a right to defend myself.

But that is *NOT* what you said. You said , "I have a right to defend myself". You can try to change it to a "I have to save your soul" mid way , but your first reaction (a typical believer reaction BTW) was to feel attacked. This is NOT the reaction of somebody 100% secure in their faith IMHO.
    He's secure in his faith alright, he just knows that he has absolutely no justification for his faith. It leads to cognitive dissonance, particularly for those who are otherwise smart and observant.

Ah, the immorality of punishing those who reject ideas based on lack of evidence. An immoral god. Each one of us here is better than this supposed and imaginary christian god. None of us here (who are sane and moral) would let anyone be tormented forever (or at all) for the 'crime' of thinking for themselves. Whether you believe in the supernatural or not, believing in ideas such as hell is utterly shameful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: Quanten
    Posted By: Grimerin. I'm sure you will agree that I have a right to defend myself.

But that is *NOT* what you said. You said , "I have a right to defend myself". You can try to change it to a "I have to save your soul" mid way , but your first reaction (a typical believer reaction BTW) was to feel attacked. This is NOT the reaction of somebody 100% secure in their faith IMHO.

Perfectly fair comment.

But we can't all be like Christ who was silent when he was mocked and spat upon. St. Peter drew his sword and cut off the servant of the High Priest's ear and was rebuked for it. So from now on I resolve to be more Christ like and not reply to insulting and blasphemous trolls. I shall cease casting pearls before the swine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

@Grimer
    OK, so now that's over with, what about my question on the correct interpretation of "Sabaoth"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

@Grimer You ve got a fair point here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: Angus@Grimer
    OK, so now that's over with, what about my question on the correct interpretation of "Sabaoth"?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define:+Sabaoth&btnG=Search

You obviously know far more about it than I do. I had to google the above link before I knew what the word meant - though I had obviously heard it often enough.

Sorry. The link doesn't seem to work. Maybe one can't put search addresses as a link for some reason. Anyway, I got it by searching on - define: Sabaoth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCitizen Wolf

@Frank
    Are all those who disagree with you on your religious beliefs, insulting and blasphemous trolls?

Altho, surely only those who hold similar beliefs to you in regards to the supernatural can be deemed blasphemous. Or perhaps, would you also say that Muslems are blasphemous for not believing that Jesus was god.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Right. Usually translated as hosts. Meaning, however, is not just Lord God of Lots of People, but Lord God of Armies. Just seems a little uncalled for in the context?

One of the many things that never made sense to me before I bailed. Now it makes better sense, viewed from the outside.

But how come you had to look it up? Were you never curious what you were saying?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Sabath is derived from Saturday + Bath for people who only bathe on weekends. It used to be "Satbath" but was shortened to distinguish it from people, usually nerds, who only bathe while in direct view of satellites.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: YAFFP
    Posted By: joshs

Popoff sounds like a guy promoting methane as a fuel source. I note he refers to the power of the Holy Spirit, is that an oblique reference to a spirit engine?
    Indeed. He was exposed as a crook some years ago by Randi who dialed up the hidden radio hints his wife was sending him about those in his audience seeking his faith healing cures. Now he gives away miracle water for free. The water comes with instructions to the point that for the water to work the stupid people taking it should send Popoff money.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Citizen WolfHe's secure in his faith alright, he just knows that he has absolutely no justification for his faith. It leads to cognitive dissonance, particularly for those who are otherwise smart and observant.

Ah, the immorality of punishing those who reject ideas based on lack of evidence. An immoral god. Each one of us here is better than this supposed and imaginary christian god. None of us here (who are sane and moral) would let anyone be tormented forever (or at all) for the 'crime' of thinking for themselves. Whether you believe in the supernatural or not, believing in ideas such as hell is utterly shameful.
    The petty, vengeful, vain, almighty pissant in the sky concept promoted by Christianity really cracks me up. This insecure commander of the cosmos created man in his image. So the first and most important thing he demands is that man suppress reason for blind faith. It is such a total crock.
    • CommentAuthornova

" So from now on I resolve to be more Christ like and not reply to insulting and blasphemous trolls. I shall cease casting pearls before the swine."
    Grimer, you are casting crap at reasonable people and why would any sane person want to be more chist like. If Christ was a real person he was insane...who in their right mind wants to be a martyr?
    Not forgetting that there wasn't a hell concept in the old testament. That was something brought in by Jesus. How nice of him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Citizen WolfNot forgetting that there wasn't a hell concept in the old testament. That was something brought in by Jesus. How nice of him.

Yes there was. Bronze age Palestine WAS hell. Actually, it hasn't changed much.