Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornycbon
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited

Posted By: Angus

Highly practical. Gunpowder is expensive. I can deliver twice the killing energy for the same price.

Hmmm, twice the energy you say... that sounds an awful like overunity.... OMFG you did it!!!!!

Nobel prize here we come.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: nycbonHmmm, twice the energy you say... that sounds an awful like overunity.... OMFG you did it!!!!!

Nobel prize here we come.

Thank you thank you thank you, but I really must point out that the prize should go to an unknown artificer in the Royal Navy sometime in 1743, but I'll take the prize anyway, that's most gracious, your Majesty. Lovely city, Stockholm. (Oh, and don't mention Nelson to the Danes, your Majesty, if you don't mind.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoSideSam
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010

This is great! It saves the enemy the trouble of shooting behind your lines, since it takes care of that for them.

(But I still don’t understand how you can tell which side has the energy and which side is the ekergy.)
    • CommentAuthornycbon

Posted By: NoSideSamThis is great! It saves the enemy the trouble of shooting behind your lines, since it takes care of that for them.

(But I still don’t understand how you can tell which side has the energy and which side is the ekergy.)

The side that is going backwards has the ekergy.... DUH!! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: nycbonThe side that is going backwards has the ekergy.... DUH!! :-)

That is correct. By definition, friendly fire is due to ekergy, and hostile fire to energy, and the same thing but the other way round for the enemy. Or something.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Science is much more entertaining when you can just make it up as you go along, as Frank will attest to.
    Posted By: BigOilRepScience is much more entertaining when you can just make it up as you go along, as Frank will attest to.

It's called science fiction.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: BigOilRepScience is much more entertaining when you can just make it up as you go along, as Frank will attest to.

It's called science fiction.

However, unlike Frank, most sci-fi writers try to stick to pretty good science, just extrapolating known stuff rather than making it up.
    Posted By: BigOilRepHowever, unlike Frank, most sci-fi writers try to stick to pretty good science, just extrapolating known stuff rather than making it up.

Frank is a new breed of confabulator more into the fantasy realm.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: GrimerThe first step in turning Ekergy into Energy is to replace the recoiling cannon with a recoiling projectile as shown in the diagram below.

Frank you are aware that they have made recoil-less guns for some time now, aren't you?
    Shhh....Frank's about to discover Conservation of Momentum.
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010

Posted By: alsetalokinShhh....Frank's about to discover Conservation of Momentum.

No problem...get Harry to recast all formulae in terms of energy and change of energy and avoid any use of the notion of momentum.

Shimples.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: alsetalokinShhh....Frank's about to discover Conservation of Momentum.

Well done.

You're not just a pretty face then.

I could have used a golfer hitting a tree and being knocked out by the rebound - but I prefer the Bugs Bunny version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited

Ekergy from Energy

• CommentAuthornycbon

Posted By: Grimer

Well done.

You're not just a pretty face then.

I could have used a golfer hitting a tree and being knocked out by the rebound - but I prefer the Bugs Bunny version.

Frank has gone bye bye ladies and gentlemen...

Momentum is a vector Frank, energy is not. The direction of energy is irrelevant, thus ekergy has not changed into energy just because it is going in a different direction
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

@nycbon

Maybe there's a silver lining to this cloud. It's not far from the concept of vector energy to the concept of imaginary energy, and lo! we have Over Unity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited

Posted By: nycbonMomentum is a vector Frank, energy is not.

Ahh. But let's think outside the box:

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

A few more lines and you will have a swastika!

Hmm... I wonder if the first 8 words of that sentence preceeded Steorn's "discovery"! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthormisterfish

Posted By: DuracellA few more lines and you will have

Yer shirt and tie undone, disheveled hair,

a mad, mad gleam in yer eyes and more energy than you can cope with.........

and difficulties answering straight questions cos of the twitchinesss.

I know who that reminds me of.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

It will have to be the fishes, then.