Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010

Posted By: GrimerIt will have to be the fishes, then.

I loaves to have to ask what you mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Groan. Get your coat Angus :P.
    Posted By: QuantenGroan. Get your coat Angus :P.

Don't gill the messenger.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

The first step in turning Ekergy into Energy is to replace the recoiling cannon with a recoiling projectile as shown in the diagram below.
    I am recoiling from the sheer obvious inanity of this.
    @Angus: I like your MultiDimensional Scaling diagram. But I prefer the downward y dimension to be "antioverunity" rather than "underunity". Mere underunity is an everyday phenomenon, nothing special, and doesn't appear to involve the destruction of energy. AntiOU, though, is a beest of a different wylde, and clearly is just about as likely as the inverse reverse upward Orbo OU direction. Clearly.
    Posted By: Grimer
    Posted By: alsetalokinShhh....Frank's about to discover Conservation of Momentum.

Well done.

You're not just a pretty face then.(snirp)

Far from it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

Posted By: alsetalokin@Angus: I like your MultiDimensional Scaling diagram. But I prefer the downward y dimension to be "antioverunity" rather than "underunity". Mere underunity is an everyday phenomenon, nothing special, and doesn't appear to involve the destruction of energy. AntiOU, though, is a beest of a different wylde, and clearly is just about as likely as the inverse reverse upward Orbo OU direction. Clearly.

Point very well made. It shall be so in all future manifestations of the Vector Energy Diagram, which will be drawn as soon as I have a significant number of requests (more than a demi-crore).
    • CommentAuthornycbon
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: alsetalokin@Angus: I like your MultiDimensional Scaling diagram. But I prefer the downward y dimension to be "antioverunity" rather than "underunity". Mere underunity is an everyday phenomenon, nothing special, and doesn't appear to involve the destruction of energy. AntiOU, though, is a beest of a different wylde, and clearly is just about as likely as the inverse reverse upward Orbo OU direction. Clearly.

Point very well made. It shall be so in all future manifestations of the Vector Energy Diagram, which will be drawn as soon as I have a significant number of requests (more than a demi-crore).

I would just like to point out that, while I didnt; coin "vector energy" I did facilitate the coining of it... :-)

ETA: much like Amerigo Vespucci who didnt discover America, but might have suggested a name for it... ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: nycbonI would just like to point out that, while I didnt; coin "vector energy" I did facilitate the coining of it... :-)

Are you sure you want to be remembered for this?
    • CommentAuthornycbon

Posted By: nycbonI would just like to point out that, while I didnt; coin "vector energy" I did facilitate the coining of it... :-)

Are you sure you want to be remembered for this?

Anything to immortalize me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Although I am a few lakhs short of the demi-crore of requests, an unexpected lacuna in my busy schedule permits me to amend the Vector Energy diagram in response to various comments.

• CommentAuthornycbon

Posted By: AngusAlthough I am a few lakhs short of the demi-crore of requests, an unexpected lacuna in my busy schedule permits me to amend the Vector Energy diagram in response to various comments.

Wooo fucking hoooo, I am immortal!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: nycbonWooo fucking hoooo, I am immortal!!!

And don't you forget it!
    Accidentally created an apparent magnetic monopole with interesting effects in Phun.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ozz0u4yyitm
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: GrimerIt will have to be the fishes, then.

I loaves to have to ask what you mean.

I am surprised you didn't attempt to answer the question as to why strain energy is signed, i.e. we can readily distinguish between positive (tensile) and negative (compressive) strain energy and yet kinetic energy is unsigned.

After all, just as with kinetic energy we have (-v)(-v) and (+v)(+v), so also with strain energy we have (-ε)(-ε) and (+ε)(+ε). Yet in one case we distinguish between positive and negative energy and in the other case we don't.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Well, it's a poor language whose words only mean the one thing, that's what I'll say. Why, any decent language should have a one-to-many, many-to-one set of mappings from the jaw flappings to the objectificative predicates being flapped about.

Choice of datum influences your point of view considerably.

For example, potential and kinetic energy are the positive and negative compliments you seek, Frank. You can't do with just kinetic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIW3AHocPXI
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: alsetalokin...
    Choice of datum influences your point of view considerably.

illi non es longe a regno Dei
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Is "vector energy" sort of like an inverse oxymoron?
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP

An easy mistake to make which Frank obviously has already seen, is that it all depends on your frame of reference.

In ballistics some people prescribed the motion of a big gun backwards as being a strange term called "recoil", not Frank, no no no, he was not fooled by this and gleamed the truth, the release of energy in the explosive distorts the space time and thus the Earth and all associated are propelled forwards for a small amount of time.

Clearly Ekergy is just the realization of temporal displacement caused by a spherical expanding vector.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AngusAlthough I am a few lakhs short of the demi-crore of requests, an unexpected lacuna in my busy schedule permits me to amend the Vector Energy diagram in response to various comments.

Very nice.