Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorunderunity
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2010

Posted By: JonRwhat's funny is your refusal to believe what was plainly demonstrated in front of your own eyes.

who knows, maybe even Orbette was OU, just that Al is so embarrased that it is that he's mismeasured things to make it look 'conventionally' underunity. that would make me laugh.
    To test a power generation device, you must measure its output power.

Keep telling yourself that while you snooze through 45 minutes of meaningless and random IV curves. Sean should have just ran around in circles flinging actual fecal matter at the audience -- you'd still hail it as definitive proof of OU.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2012

Did we?
    Posted By: TrimDid we?

Why are you bouncing the old stuff??
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Well I believe in recycling. And I am bored nobody is disagreeing with me.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Oh no you aren't!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2012 edited

Posted By: tinkerOh no you aren't!

And oh yes they are.
    It's hard to measure the output power when there is no output shaft or output electrical connection. Still, we made a pretty good effort, based on the estimated windage of eOrbo's rotor and the observed top RPM. The rotor dissipated a tiny but measurable fraction of the input electrical power. The rest of the power was dissipated as heat in the various components. No attempt was made by Steorn to quantify this waste heat to prove their claim of 3x OU; nothing beyond a normal-looking thermal image. They never presented any real calorimetry data; even the "bespoke" ice chest calorimeter they tried to use was inappropriately applied and didn't show their effect anyway.

The P-One? Wasn't that just a joke? It certainly seemed like it.... didn't our Huge Dizzy win some kind of essay prize?