Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010 edited

1 gene lost = 1 limb regained? Scientists demonstrate mammalian regeneration through single gene deletion Source Physorg

1 gene lost = 1 limb regained?

Hope this will also apply to humans especially the spinal cord.

Shame certain religious groups won't be able to use it, their foreskin might regrow.
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010

I smell zombie!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

People on a heart lung machine might be able to grow new organs.
    This has far reaching medical potential even beyond missing limbs and burnt skin. Imagine being able to regrow your pancreas missing alpha cells - bingo, instant type 1 diabetes cure!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

And all because some geezer thought it would be a good idea to put a notch in a mouse's ear.
    Posted By: TrimAnd all because some geezer thought it would be a good idea to put a notch in a mouse's ear.

If Mickey Mouse getting an earring might have unlocked human regeneration, who knows what amazing discoveries we could breakthrough if he got a prince albert?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Drakkenmensch
    Posted By: TrimAnd all because some geezer thought it would be a good idea to put a notch in a mouse's ear.

If Mickey Mouse getting an earring might have unlocked human regeneration, who knows what amazing discoveries we could breakthrough if he got a prince albert?

I wonder if the Queen was amused?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I wonder if you can grow a new body from a leg like a starfish?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

If Goldfinger had managed to cut 007 in two (please) and M managed to keep both halves alive could he be twins if both halves grew back? And would they have the same memories? Hmm, I wonder if we can get 007 to volunteer? We can always say Sean said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Which half would the brain cell be left in?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Speaking of the lad, 007/NE seems to have gone very quiet lately
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Maybe some of the bullshit that he is always talking got stuck on the way out and choked him?
    Posted By: DuracellMaybe some of the bullshit that he is always talking got stuck on the way out and choked him?

More likely a big meal's worth of it that he's sleeping off.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

I figure his supervisor at work finally found out what he was doing and pulled the plug
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Lets hope Orbo doesn't work otherwise he may go on and on and on.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Now come on Trim, aren't you convinced about this fiasco yet?
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

I'm not convinced yet. I've only been told 231 times so far that Steorn have clearly demonstrated over-unity. If that goes up to 673 times, I might have to reconsider.

I might need to give 007 a whole fiver to afford enough sherbet fountains, red shoelaces and fizzy UFOs to stay hyper long enough to post that many.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010 edited

"I've only been told 231 times so far that Steorn have clearly demonstrated over-unity. If that goes up to 673 times, I might have to reconsider"

Why?

(Especially as it's the same 4 people telling you over and over)
    Posted By: loreman"I've only been told 231 times so far that Steorn have clearly demonstrated over-unity. If that goes up to 673 times, I might have to reconsider"

Why?

(Especially as it's the same 4 people telling you over and over)

It's exactly the same thing as harassing someone by telling them they are insane, eventually they become insane. Steorn's OU technology works on the same principle.