Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGrimer
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2010 edited

Mmm...

So Pop Keenie did have a gravity mill after all - and since he seems to have been some kind of descendant of Bessler, that means Bessler did as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2010

Hmmm... Maybe bullshit descends down through sacred bloodlines?
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

If you can understand the essence of the above diagram you will be able to understand why the KeenieWheel works.
    Posted By: Grimer
    If you can understand the essence of the above diagram you will be able to understand why the KeenieWheel works.

Right. The problem is that it doesn't. But I'm sure this fact is neglectable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: DuracellHmmm... Maybe bullshit descends down through sacred bloodlines?

Ha! Beautiful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: bloodymedia

You are correct in that no one has replicated the wheel and the original is in bits. However, it certainly works in theory and I've no doubt from the historical evidence that Keenie's wheel worked in practice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: GrimerYou are correct in that no one has replicated the wheel and the original is in bits. However, it certainly works in theory and I've no doubt from the historical evidence that Keenie's wheel worked in practice.

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different. -- attributed to Yogi Berra

Thanks to Al for that quote. Funny but not quite apt here. For this thing does not work in any theory. Where "any" means "corresponding to reality".
    Posted By: GrimerYou are correct in that no one has replicated the wheel and the original is in bits. However, it certainly works in theory and I've no doubt from the historical evidence that Keenie's wheel worked in practice.
    GAACK!!

5 The sun riseth, and goeth down, and returneth to his place: and there rising again,

6 Maketh his round by the south, and turneth again to the north: the spirit goeth forward surveying all places round about, and returneth to his circuits.

7 All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea doth not overflow: unto the place from whence the rivers come, they return, to flow again.

8 All things are hard: man cannot explain them by word. The eye is not filled with seeing, neither is the ear filled with hearing.

9 What is it that hath been? the same thing that shall be. What is it that hath been done? the same that shall be done.

10 Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say: Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us.

11 There is no remembrance of former things: nor indeed of those things which hereafter are to come, shall there be any remembrance with them that shall be in the latter end.

--Ecclesiastes, Ch. 1 (Douay-Rheims)
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

I can't help hearing the chiming of a Rickenbacker 370/12 whenever I read Ecclesiastes.

• CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: DuracellHmmm... Maybe bullshit descends down through sacred bloodlines?
    If he descended through anything it was a crate of magic mushrooms that he may be sharing with Frank.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Angus

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different. -- attributed to Yogi Berra

Thanks to Al for that quote. Funny but not quite apt here. For this thing does not work in any theory. Where "any" means "corresponding to reality".
    You are keeping a closed in the box of reality skeptic mind. You need to free your mind so you can join Frank as he skips along the shores of Island Whackado. Just redefine some physics here, an established theory or two there and like Frank you can "know" that so many unworkable free energy schemes are winners. That is until some pesky skeptic proves that they are not. Then the cement that has formed throughout Frank's skull will just settle into a new region revealing yet another scheme he just "knows" works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

But I can't play the game properly until I get a copy of that really nice drawing program he uses. Makes everything look like it was drawn on a serviette in an expensive restaurant, and therefore lends that air of authenticity.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AngusBut I can't play the game properly until I get a copy of that really nice drawing program he uses. Makes everything look like it was drawn on a serviette in an expensive restaurant, and therefore lends that air of authenticity.
    I think ToyTurboCad is likely what he uses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not to pick nits, but, Frank, how come you spell "isocceleric" with two "c"s and "aceleration" with only one?
    Frank c's things differently than most.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: AngusNot to pick nits, but, Frank, how come you spell "isocceleric" with two "c"s and "aceleration" with only one?

Thanks for pointing that out. I always welcome constructive suggestions - But before I correct it I would like your advice on the neologism, isocceleric. Would I do better to spell isoceleric with one c. What do you think?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Posted By: evolvealreadyFrank c's things differently than most.

>spew(coffee, keyboard)

Posted By: AngusNot to pick nits, but, Frank, how come you spell "isocceleric" with two "c"s and "aceleration" with only one?

Thanks for pointing that out. I always welcome constructive suggestions - But before I correct it I would like your advice on the neologism, isocceleric. Would I do better to spell isoceleric with one c. What do you think?

Depends on how you want it pronounced. In the English which I pretend to speak, the "cc" is generally pronounced as "ks", as in flaccid, floccination, success, acceleration, accent, and so forth. While the single soft "c" is pronounced as "s". So "isoceleric" would rhyme with "I saw celery", and "isocceleric" would rhyme with "I sucked celery". And make about as much sense.
    Which only proves you can map a vector field in several equivalent ways, and make up clever names for the resulting map features.
    It would be trivial, for example, to draw a set of "isoboring" lines around a MDS representation of Frank's gravity powered posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: alsetalokin ...

Depends on how you want it pronounced. In the English which I pretend to speak, the "cc" is generally pronounced as "ks", as in flaccid, floccination, success, acceleration, accent, and so forth. While the single soft "c" is pronounced as "s". So "isoceleric" would rhyme with "I saw celery", and "isocceleric" would rhyme with "I sucked celery". ...

Thanks for the advice, Al.

I pronounce acceleration as ak - celeration so I suppose the best solution is to drop the ak bit and leave the celeration bit - giving isoceleration. I shall modify the drawing accordingly.
    (Do Yanks really pronounce flaccid as flakcid?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: evolvealreadyFrank c's things differently than most.

Fair comment.