Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2010

Source Physorg

What is the universe coming to?

For One Tiny Instant, Physicists May Have Broken a Law of Nature
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The headline is an exaggeration of the story, to say the least.
    And scientists admitted it right away. Doens't that belie the claim of Sean and others that scientists don't want to admit when a fundamental law is proven to be broken?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Very interresting. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP

Actually all it really says is that a theory was momentarily found wanting.

If it keeps on being found wanting then the theory will no doubt become modified.
    Posted By: YAFFPActually all it really says is that a theory was momentarily found wanting.

If it keeps on being found wanting then the theory will no doubt become modified.
    Exactly, but that is not what Sean and his minions have said happens in science. They have said scientists have been afraid to come forward after seeing that Steorn had OU in independant testing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: evolvealreadyafter seeing that Steorn had OU in independant testing

Who saw that?
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: evolvealreadyafter seeing that Steorn had OU in independant testing

Who saw that?
    I said it was their claim.
    The claim was that orbo was independently tested (before the Economist ad I believe) by universities, but that none would go public because they didn't want to rock the establishment boat by validating something that challenged CofE. My point is that this article is evidence that scientists don't censor themselves that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010

@evolvealready

Yes, of course I remember that claim. I thought you were referring to something new.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2010

Vibrating goalposts...