Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010

•  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

...and from reading the text, ex Steorn juror Michael McKubre is supporting it.

Next thing you know Orbo will be in mainstream acceptance.
    Posted By: NewsEditor...and from reading the text, ex Steorn juror Michael McKubre is supporting it.

I seem to recall him saying something else in the Jury's public statement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: overconfident
    Posted By: NewsEditor...and from reading the text, ex Steorn juror Michael McKubre is supporting it.

I seem to recall him saying something else in the Jury's public statement.

Funny, cos having never tested it he would in no way be qualified to give an opinion.
    Posted By: NewsEditorFunny, cos having never tested it he would in no way be qualified to give an opinion.

What's really funny is him not testing that to which he wasn't given to test.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: Knuckles OToole
    Posted By: NewsEditorFunny, cos having never tested it he would in no way be qualified to give an opinion.

What's really funny is him not testing that to which he wasn't given to test.

So we're agreed then that the statement is meaningless for both sides of the argument.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

"he would in no way be qualified to give an opinion"

Well I think you'd be wrong on that one. And the Jury gave an opinion on what they were shown. By Steorn.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Now NewsE,

Perhaps you could give us a heads up as to why Steorn chose never to show the Jury an Orbo or give them one to test. Surely you know why this is so?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: loreman"he would in no way be qualified to give an opinion"

Well I think you'd be wrong on that one. And the Jury gave an opinion on what they were shown. By Steorn.

Knucles has just said they weren't given anything. We already know from an interview with one of them that they didn't test anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: loremanNow NewsE,

Perhaps you could give us a heads up as to why Steorn chose never to show the Jury an Orbo or give them one to test. Surely you know why this is so?

I think they were possibly nervous about showing the IP, which is (if true and you suspend your disbelief for a second) the most valuable IP ever in the history of the world.
    Posted By: NewsEditorI think they were possibly nervous about showing the IP, which is (if true and you suspend your disbelief for a second) the most valuable IP ever in the history of the world

Like most of the things you say that makes no sense. They had already shown the IP to eight universities according to Steorn and if they were so nervous why did they spend almost $100K to advertise for a jury to review their IP only to not show them (which was the whole point of what they were trying to accomplish)?
    • CommentAuthorunderunity

Posted By: NewsEditor
    Posted By: loremanNow NewsE,

I think they were possibly nervous about showing the IP, which is (if true and you suspend your disbelief for a second) the most valuable IP ever in the history of the world.
    Ok, it IS the most valuable IP in the world. Now, how are they going to protect it when the first Orbo is released?

With their 0 relevant patents? Oh, good plan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Patents can be held almost indefinitely "in process" without ANY public visibility. There are many many Steorn patents. Just because you haven't seen them yet doesn't mean they don't exist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010 edited

Posted By: NewsEditorPatents can be held almost indefinitely "in process" without ANY public visibility. There are many many Steorn patents. Just because you haven't seen them yet doesn't mean they don't exist.

Not so. US Pat. Off. for example publishes after 18 mo.

"Patent applications are generally published 18 months after the earliest priority date of the application. Prior to that publication the application is confidential to the patent office. After publication, depending upon local rules, certain parts of the application file may remain confidential, but it is common for all communications between an Applicant (or his agent) and the patent office to be publicly available."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: NewsEditorPatents can be held almost indefinitely "in process" without ANY public visibility. There are many many Steorn patents. Just because you haven't seen them yet doesn't mean they don't exist.

Not so. US Pat. Off. for example publishes after 18 mo.

"Patent applications are generally published 18 months after the earliest priority date of the application. Prior to that publication the application is confidential to the patent office. After publication, depending upon local rules, certain parts of the application file may remain confidential, but it is common for all communications between an Applicant (or his agent) and the patent office to be publicly available."

"may remain confidential"

So it's common, but not unheard of. I rest my case. May I also remind you that Steorn have a very expensive team of US patent attorneys.
    I think we all know why they were not given an Orbo to test. It's because there is no such thing as an overunity Orbo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: evolvealreadyI think we all know why they were not given an Orbo to test. It's because there is no such thing as an overunity Orbo.

You KNOW this for sure do you? So this isn't just your personal opinion?
    • CommentAuthorscience

Hahahaha @ spinning to yourself the fact that Steorn didn't show the jury anything except their grade 6 level SKDB materials. Do yourself a favour 007 take a nap in a bell jar.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

"We already know from an interview with one of them that they didn't test anything."

Which does not give you any grounds to question the qualifications of any juror to comment. Neither does it give you any basis whatsoever to criticize the Jury.

And if Steorn were nervous about showing IP to the Jury, why did they not formally abandon the Jury process? Why just leave it hanging? You have no idea, do you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2010 edited

@LOREMAN - I didn't question their academic qulaifications asshole! I questioned their qualification to judge a device that they never tested or even seen. I think ANYONE who is sane would be entitled to do that, unless of course psychic testing is a new area of jury ability?