Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2020

I also have a complete ELORA box of nuts and ratchets 17 to 40''?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2020 edited

I remember working on a pneumatic cylinder on a test bench and forgetting that I laid my large pliers on the shaft between the yoke and the body. Applied air to the cylinder and the bugger snapped both handles off the pliers in a twinkling. Took the Craftsman bits back to Sears and they didn't even ask how it happened; just gave me a new tool.

Even at 90 psi, a little 3" cylinder can exert an amazing amount of force (630 lbs).
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2020 edited

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2020

The later Craftsman stuff is Chineesium. I needed a new release assembly for my 50-year old teardrop ratchet handle and was dismayed to find out that (a) they were offering "exchanges" with rebuilt ratchets and (b) the replacements were made in China. Went to eBay and found a seller of NOS ratchet parts and did the replacement myself.

It's strange, in the 1970s, I decided to skimp a bit and buy from a second-tier line offered by Sears with only a "Sears" brand, not "Craftsman". Said tools were made in Japan. I still have them and they're really very good.
    Posted By: AsterixI remember working on a pneumatic cylinder on a test bench and forgetting that I laid my large pliers on the shaft between the yoke and the body. Applied air to the cylinder and the bugger snappedbothhandles off the pliers in a twinkling. Took the Craftsman bits back to Sears and they didn't even ask how it happened; just gave me a new tool.

Even at 90 psi, a little 3" cylinder can exert an amazing amount of force (630 lbs).

Good thing you were out of the line of fire.
    I was using a big Craftsman pipe wrench as a flywheel lock when overhauling a VW 1640cc hotrod engine, to remove the big gland nut that holds the flywheel to the crankshaft. This is like 360 pound-feet of torque on that nut. I managed to bend the movable jaw of that big pipe wrench through about a 70 degree angle. No way this could possibly be done by any normal use of that tool. Took it to Sears, same thing, the guy just shook his head and issued me a replacement.

Those days are gone forever, I think. Except from the biggies Snap-On, Mac, Matco.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2020 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2020 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2020 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2020

I'll have to reflect on that.
    That looks like it would be almost as efficient at keeping copepods out as my moustaches.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2020

O shit. Not the gun club again.
    I wonder what broke her brain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2020 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2020

Posted By: terry1094

Ker-splat!
    •  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2020

Sometimes you're the bug. Sometimes the windshield.