Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2020

I wasn't sure about the gravedigger photo. If you examine the graves immediately in front of him, you can clearly see the claw marks of a backhoe or excavator.

Still, a great photo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2020 edited

He is fine-tuning. See the debris in the hole to his right (stage left).

Although, he's not very dirty...is he?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2020

Yeah, that's what made me think that he was posed. The individual graves make no sense. Why not a long, wide trench as used in New York? That way, the topsoil can be graded a nice level surface, suitable for hydroseeding or road building.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2020 edited

Social distancing? Privacy? :)

I wouldn't want to sleep with a stranger...er...well, not just any stranger.
    What the hell is wrong with cremation?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

They probably ran out of cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Pollution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: AsterixYeah, that's what made me think that he was posed. The individual graves make no sense. Why not a long, wide trench as used in New York? That way, the topsoil can be graded a nice level surface, suitable for hydroseeding or road building.

I'd assume the mass graves in New York are temporary - or are they intended as a future tourist feature? Perhaps these graves are permanent. Also much easier to get down and clear the hole of any final large lumps with a spade than try to pick them out with an excavator.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2020 edited

Take a look at the New York burial site. One end of the pit is actually a ramp. A small bulldozer grades and clears the bottom of the pit and pushes any large clumps out, making a perfect surface for simply rolling the coffins down, rather than having to use a crane to lower them. When finished, just push the fill from the outside to cover the stacked coffins--it appears that a plywood separator is used between the layers. I assume that a similar cover is used over the topmost layer of coffins.

Seems to be pretty efficient to me--and probably less energy-intensive.
    I don't know for sure but it is possible that some cultures or religions have prohibitions of or at least aversions to mass burials and graves.

I know I certainly do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2020

It's in the bag.

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2020

Jesus, that’s one poorly photoshopped image. The creases from the bag seem to have somehow made it onto her thigh. Lucky creases ...
    The large breasts indicate that she would be a good mother.

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinThe large breasts indicate that she would be a good mother

I want to see the peer reviewed double blinded study on that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

One problem working at home:

Did the guy on the right forget something?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

He's not wearing a tie?
    Ties optional -- pants aren't.
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: alsetalokinThe large breasts indicate that she would be a good mother

I want to see the peer reviewed double blinded study on that.

I think if I saw any more, I'd go double blind myself.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: alsetalokinTies optional -- pants aren't.

How do you figure? This is, after all, network TV. The pants thing was a joke on Colbert about a week ago.