Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016 edited

Posted By: VibratorNot a single individual - i exagerate not - nobody, as far as i'm aware, has been able to offer robust critique of Orbo theory with regards to this singular point of fundamental theory upon which it depends.

Yes they have. You just don't listen to them. Sv always leads to a loss. This is effectively demonstrated every time someone conducted a flywheel run down experiment and demonstrated that the longest time to slow down is always without ANY magnets. No one, including Steorn, has EVER demonstrated ANY energy gain from magnets.

At this point, to conclude that Sean and Steorn were anything other than a dose Palfreyman would be ignoring all the evidence we do have.
    Posted By: VibratorNot a single individual - i exagerate not - nobody, as far as i'm aware, has been able to offer robust critique of Orbo theory with regards to this singular point of fundamental theory upon which it depends.

\
    I think the fact that it doesn't work says it all. Why would you or anyone continue to chase an illusion?
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2016

A pot of Overunity at the end of the SooN Rainbow.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Jesus, who woke the vibrobot?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: VibratorThe exasperating inertia of the level of commentry on this issue suggests it's probably going to be left hanging, at least to any individuals even aware it exists..

"Commentary", but an elegantly written post.nonetheless. It suffers only from being nothing but words. All experience so far has led us to understand that removing energy from a system of any kind reduces the energy available in it for future removal, unless there is some replenishment mechanism going on involving the removal of energy from another system. Contrary words that might sound plausible to you mean nothing in the absence of evidence, and evidence itself will be extraordinarily suspect given the body of experience it would contradict.

But it gives me a warmish feeling of nostalgia to see that even now there are Steorn apologists. And I'm even willing to be trolled a bit just for the memories.
    What a refreshing load of old codswallop is this Vibrator chap's screed.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanWhat a refreshing load of old codswallop is this Vibrator chap's screed.

He's been doing this for years.
    To hold views such as those he has just posted, he must be the sort of person who is unable to listen and successfully process new data. Such as "the bloody thing doesn't work".
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanTo hold views such as those he has just posted, he must be the sort of person who is unable to listen and successfully process new data. Such as "the bloody thing doesn't work".

Well the voices in his head drown out reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: SwissieWow.

From the article: "The doors are shut, the staff laid off, the shareholders have been notified."

And as usual none of the "open minded" folk which told us we were too much close minded, are here to watch the fall and admit maybe they were too hasty to trust steorn.

And as usual most of them will have either moved on, or learned absolutely NOTHING from it and went to anotehr scam.

And some like Vibrator did not learn their lesson and are holding on fluffy word meaning nothing (nature is a bitch, ain't she ? Sv does not lead to gain).
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Oh and seeing the operating cost per year, it is quite clear who has enriched themselves : the persons who "worked" there and got a generous salary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: QuantenOh and seeing the operating cost per year, it is quite clear who has enriched themselves : the persons who "worked" there and got a generous salary.

I wonder if they amassed generous pensions they can draw on after they finish kicking their heels playing poker for a few years.
    • CommentAuthorsonoboy

Too bad diamagnetic materials don't exhibit this property,, or do they?? A material that continues to repel more and more the longer it is held close to a magnet. Now THAT would allow for a self running motor.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: pcstruYes they have. You just don't listen to them. Sv always leads to a loss. This is effectively demonstrated every time someone conducted a flywheel run down experiment and demonstrated that the longest time to slow down is always without ANY magnets. No one, including Steorn, has EVER demonstrated ANY energy gain from magnets.

If you doubt this, check the "covert videos" from Kinetica demo and the corresponding observation by Scott and Marissa Little and others.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleI think the fact that it doesn't work says it all. Why would you or anyone continue to chase an illusion?
    Exactly. If a magnetic motor could work, it would be worth billions or trillions. Sean would not have to play poker much.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Perpetual motion is not easy...
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

• CommentAuthorVibrator

Posted By: pcstru

Yes they have. You just don't listen to them.

It's the other way round - i respond clearly and cogently, make valid points, which are ignored, dismissed as nonsense, met with copious ad hom and basically left hanging. It's been that way for years, and so these issues remain unaddressed, let alone overturned.

And you're still doing it right now - yes Sv always causes a loss. The subtelty you appear perennially incapable of appreciating is the specific type of loss, which i've yet again just detailed for you.

The energy in abstentia never existed in the first place. It's energy that's been 'lost' simply by dint of never having had sufficient time to come into existence. And it's only been lost from the output stroke. The input stroke has a full compliment of force, and this has resulted in an 'asymmetric interaction' - the input and output work/energies are not equal.

And the really crucial point here is that the difference between input and output integrals is exclusively due to the delayed rise in force during the output stroke - the energy we're missing is the energy that was never generated, by a force that hadn't yet manifested, due to the Sv.

By definition then - literally, by the express terms of the proposition at hand - this missing energy has not been dissipated to heat.

The' missing' energy is NOT missing. It can't have been converted to heat, because it never existed, because the magnets moved into contact faster than their mutually-induced magnetisation could peak.

I've repeatedly detailed more types of Sv loss in more types of interactions with more references than anyone else here, so the example above is just the simplest first step into a very interesting discussion indeed, albeit one neither you nor any of your fellow denizens here will likely ever be privvy to, through your own self-enforced avoidance of the matter.

Sv always leads to a loss. This is effectively demonstrated every time someone conducted a flywheel run down experiment and demonstrated that the longest time to slow down is always without ANY magnets. No one, including Steorn, has EVER demonstrated ANY energy gain from magnets.
    Not really the whole story though is it? You've been given multiple examples over the years.. you may yet respond to any of them, any time you're ready.. suffice to say, energy 'lost' from an input integral, rather than an output one, constitutes a thermodynamic gain - it's the exact corollary to the lossy asymmetry described above.

At this point, to conclude that Sean and Steorn were anything other than a dose Palfreyman would be ignoring all the evidence we do have.

LOL you're priceless. Wouldn't wanna be ignoring evidence now would we..
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Well where is the evidence?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: AngusWell where is the evidence?

Don't be silly. Vibrator just evidenced all over this thread. And also Pat Corbett had one in his car for a whole bunch of days.