Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleReminds me of the joke about the US and Russians testing translating machines. The Americans used an idiomatic expression "out of sight, out of mind," to which the Russians translated as "blind and crazy."

And the retranslation was "invisible idiot".
    • CommentAuthorGuru
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010

for purpose of making real big fortune (i.e. percentage of profit) on next collapsing oil prices:

which commodity broker has minimal spreads on OIL FUTURES ?

I see AVAfx has spreads on OIL = 4 pips

Knows anybody better broker with lesser spreads ?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

What in the world makes you think that oil prices are going to collapse? The world economy is slowly working its way out of the recession. That will drive demand up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

• CommentAuthorGuru

Yeah this lady, which don't understand that Africa is continent.

Sarah at TV show was believed, that Africa is country.

Ultimately - standard U.S. level for presidential candidate.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: GuruYeah this lady, which don't understand that Africa is continent.

Sarah at TV show was believed, that Africa is country.

Ultimately - standard U.S. level for presidential candidate.
    Given that she is at least ten times brighter than your average Steorn promoter / believer, what's that say about them?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I mean Tina. Sarah never left.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AngusI mean Tina. Sarah never left.
    The entire show was pretty funny. Tina Fey is very talented.
    • CommentAuthorefend
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010 edited

Posted By: DuracellSteorn are full of shit.

B) Steorn are not full of shit - We possess literally Godlike powers that enable us to create something from nothing - The fundamental basis of our understanding about physics is wrong - Our entire understanding of how the physical universe operates is mistaken.

Wrong. If OU did exist, it would be a corner case that didnt conflict with the laws of the univcerse in most cases, whicch in many observed cases have already been mentioned. It would show they behaved differently in certain situations other than others,or that there is another variable that impacts the forces we know of in some way in certain situation. It would not have to conflict with existing collected data on those forces for interactions that have been measured. But we have only measured a small number of interactions under a finite set of conditions, regarding arrangement of fields, thermal states, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: efendIf OU did exist, it would be a corner case that didnt conflict with the laws of the univcerse in most cases, whicch in many observed cases have already been mentioned.

Whatever this can be interpreted to mean is plain wrong.
    • CommentAuthorefend

The Idea of Steorn causing a move away from Oil is absolutely absurd. The only movement steorn causes is movement or money away from investor

However If there were some OU technology, the impact would be very positive. Oil prices would go down and that would hurt speculators, but they deserve it. In all other areas as far as productivity there would be a massive improvement in quality of life for all people as hunger, poverty and starvation would be eliminated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: efendThe Idea of Steorn causing a move away from Oil is absolutely absurd. The only movement steorn causes is movement or money away from investor

Right. Speculation on the putative effects of "over unity technology" is pointless, like speculating on leather prices if shoes become popular among hobbits.
    • CommentAuthorGuru

Many words and not cheaper broker in sight.

Like academic scientists at conference.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: GuruMany words and not cheaper broker in sight.

Like academic scientists at conference.

Why ask us? The ones with money don't speculate in oil, the others know no brokers.
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

Posted By: efendThe only movement steorn causes is movement or money away from investor.

PM-Orbo, E-Orbo and SS-Orbo could be described as 'movements', if you wanted to be polite.

You can't polish a movement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: efend
    Wrong. If OU did exist, it would be a corner case that didnt conflict with the laws of the univcerse in most cases, whicch in many observed cases have already been mentioned. It would show they behaved differently in certain situations other than others,or that there is another variable that impacts the forces we know of in some way in certain situation. It would not have to conflict with existing collected data on those forces for interactions that have been measured. But we have only measured a small number of interactions under a finite set of conditions, regarding arrangement of fields, thermal states, etc.

I'm not quite sure what it is that you are saying here.

If what you are saying is: "CoE holds based on our current knowledge, theory and understanding of how the physical Universe works. However, OU might yet be somehow possible in some special set of circumstances somewhere in the Universe that we have not encountered yet" then I disagree.

If what you are saying is: "OU might appear to be achieved in certain circumstances e.g. due to someone somehow tapping into some previously undiscovered but abundantly available power source, but when the source of this power has been identified correctly and factored in, then CoE will hold again, and any such device will ultimately be shown to be not OU" then, while I find this to be extremely unlikely, I do not disagree.

Or maybe you meant neither of these things?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: UtD_GrantYou can't polish a movement.

That's abturd.
    • CommentAuthorGuru

Angus:

"......The ones with money don't speculate in oil......"

---------------------------------------

Angus, thus with what assets speculate they, what have money ?

Teach me, please. I am novice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: GuruAngus:

"......The ones with money don't speculate in oil......"

---------------------------------------

Angus, thus with what assets speculate they, what have money ?

Teach me, please. I am novice.

If you are asking for investment advice, this is the wrong place.
    • CommentAuthorGuru

No, I don't seek investment advice.

You know in which assests are exposed "they, who have money"

and you just be reluctant to share this key information