Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010

Posted By: GuruNo, I don't seek investment advice.

You know in which assests are exposed "they, who have money"

and you just be reluctant to share this key information

I do not understand.

If you mean that I know which people here have money - I don't. How could I? If you imply that I would not give out this information if I had it, you are perfectly correct.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

I think I understand what Efend means, that if we ever find OU, it will be by looking at a physical situation which is very rare or even not present in normal universe,and will compatibly expand on the current physic.

I would tend to agree, if OU *EVER* is demonstrated to exists, it won#t be in any of the normal situation where free-energy-believer search for it, but something incredibly exotic.
    • CommentAuthortinker

@Quanten. "if OU *EVER* is demonstrated to exists, it won#t be in any of the normal situation where free-energy-believer search for it, but something incredibly exotic. "

That's it then. Game over -we're all fucked.. Not worth worrying your head about. Tinker
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: QuantenOU *EVER* is demonstrated to exists, it won#t be in any of the normal situation where free-energy-believer search for it, but something incredibly exotic

Agreed. For a minimum, we would have to establish that there are time varying physical "constants". Part of the exotic aspect would be in the enormous precision needed to see the variability, since we know most of these to good precision already. You can also guess that any "OU" effect would be "small".

That was what I found striking about Steorn from the start. It is simply not imaginable that there can be a demonstration of a radically unknown energy source on the mesoscopic scale using magnets. And I've got a pretty good imagination.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: tinker@Quanten. "if OU *EVER* is demonstrated to exists, it won#t be in any of the normal situation where free-energy-believer search for it, but something incredibly exotic. "

That's it then. Game over -we're all fucked.. Not worth worrying your head about. Tinker

As opposed to the scenario which seem to play in all the "bleever" head ?

"steorn : we have OU"
    "That's it then. Game over -COE is all fucked.. Not worth worrying our head about. "
    • CommentAuthortinker

Quanten. Naughty misquoting. hehe. Tinker
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: efendIf OU did exist, it would be a corner case that didnt conflict with the laws of the univcerse in most cases, whicch in many observed cases have already been mentioned.

Whatever this can be interpreted to mean is plain wrong.
    It's from the University of MakeItUpAsYouGoAlong.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010 edited

The Next President of the United States of America (A)s Plato said, I just want to remind you to be nice to one another, and remembering that everyone fighting the battle, some played out publicly, some are not, everyone though going through some tough times once in a while, so be merciful and forgiving and generous and then you will be blessed in return.

Just be nice to one another. That's not bad advice, actually.

(you know, I think that sloshing sound I'm hearing must be my brain, liquefying inside my skullbone...now where did I put those corks...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010 edited

Posted By: alsetalokin
    The Next President of the United States of America(A)s Plato said, I just want to remind you to be nice to one another, and remembering that everyone fighting the battle, some played out publicly, some are not, everyone though going through some tough times once in a while, so be merciful and forgiving and generous and then you will be blessed in return.

Just be nice to one another. That's not bad advice, actually.

(you know, I think that sloshing sound I'm hearing must be my brain, liquefying inside my skullbone...now where did I put those corks...)

I'd love to have the chance to ask for a reference to that quote. Did I read it in the Meno? No. The Symposium? I don't think so ...

ETA Maybe she meant Pluto. But he just barks. Nope - it's mystery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010

Posted By: alsetalokinWho does this remind you of?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo_TST33-vQ&NR=1

Ha! That is really funny! Aside from the obvious (Steorn) it reminds me of Einstein's remark about stupidity being repetition with the hope of a different result.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AngusComplete text of Sarah's speech in Hamilton

Read it and weep.
    Does the woman have a single properly functioning synapse in the entirety of that big empty skull of hers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited

Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: AngusComplete text of Sarah's speech in Hamilton

Read it and weep.
    Does the woman have a single properly functioning synapse in the entirety of that big empty skull of hers?

Al had a take on that. I believe it sloshes around in there a bit, but it may exist.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

I think it is a bit presumptuous to conclude there is one to slosh around. But it's great to be here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Alas, that solitary neuron, always in an indeterminate state, just like Schrödinger's cat. Only to an outside observer, does the (brain) wave function collapse, resolving to an eigenstate of stupidity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010 edited

Posted By: DerrickAAlas, that solitary neuron, always in an indeterminate state, just like Schrödinger's cat. Only to an outside observer, does the (brain) wave function collapse, resolving to an eigenstate of stupidity.

For a minute I felt encouraged, and then I realised that there may yet be unobserved wavefunctions in the Palin deuterosynaptic brain. (Generosity in all things - there may be another one still functioning.)
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

You sound like one of those stuck-up intellectual types what with your trick complete sentences and speaking without reading notes from your palm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: joshsYou sound like one of those stuck-up intellectual types what with your trick complete sentences and speaking without reading notes from your palm.

She would be a two-fisted president, (I hope).