Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2010

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: joshsYou sound like one of those stuck-up intellectual types what with your trick complete sentences and speaking without reading notes from your palm.

She would be a two-fisted president, (I hope).

Maybe in the XXX rated version?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Gak!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

•  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010 edited

The other "long lost" brain cell of Sarah Palin has been found!
    It has now been located within the head of a journalist working at CNN.
    News at 11:00

For proof, check out this little nugget of reporting from CNN:

"SANCHEZ: I was just asking Chad, how can you get a volcano in Iceland? Isn't it too- when you think of a volcano, you think of Hawaii and long words like that. You don't think of Iceland.

MYERS: Right.
    SANCHEZ: You think it's too cold to have a volcano there. But no! There it is."
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010

Groan.
    Good thing they weren't on the job when Air New Zealand ran into a volcano in Antarctica.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

I am not disturbed by ignorance, so much as I am disturbed by these people's pride in their ignorance.

"Hey, I always thought volcanoes required external heat. I never paid attention in science class in grade school, and nobody ever made a sodium bicarbonate and vinegar volcano for show-and-tell...they were too messy I guess. So my ignorance of the basics of the Earth make me think that it's odd to find a volcano in Iceland (even though the largest mountains in Antarctica, for example, and the on very cold Mars are volcanoes...). And I'm so happy about my ignorance that I will not only mention it on the air, but treat it as something amusing. See, I am a journalist, and I am ignorant of basic facts, and I am telling you about the world !! Isn't that cute and humorous !!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: alsetalokinI am not disturbed by ignorance, so much as I am disturbed by these people's pride in their ignorance.

"Hey, I always thought volcanoes required external heat. I never paid attention in science class in grade school, and nobody ever made a sodium bicarbonate and vinegar volcano for show-and-tell...they were too messy I guess. So my ignorance of the basics of the Earth make me think that it's odd to find a volcano in Iceland (even though the largest mountains in Antarctica, for example, and the on very cold Mars are volcanoes...). And I'm so happy about my ignorance that I will not only mention it on the air, but treat it as something amusing. See, I am a journalist, and I am ignorant of basic facts, and I am telling you about the world !! Isn't that cute and humorous !!"

Looks like you got the resume right for most TV journalist, and editor.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: alsetalokinI am not disturbed by ignorance, so much as I am disturbed by these people's pride in their ignorance.

I think you should calm down, drink a tall beer and pour sports drink on your garden.
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

Posted By: joshspour sports drink on your garden.

It has what plants crave.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

And you've gotta give 'em what they crave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

sometimes you feel like a nut... (free healthcare leads to... um... gladiators? lions vs xtians? swap meets?)

granthodges:Piling up "free" stuff for the citizenry is a moral hazard. Winds up at the Coliseum.

Men have an inherent need to work hard, provide for themselves and others, and have enough left over to voluntarily share.

It's a part of manhood.

so if you are male and cannot afford healthcare for yourself and others then you are not a man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: duncan torussometimes you feel like a nut... (free healthcare leads to... um... gladiators? lions vs xtians? swap meets?)

granthodges:Piling up "free" stuff for the citizenry is a moral hazard. Winds up at the Coliseum.

Men have an inherent need to work hard, provide for themselves and others, and have enough left over to voluntarily share.

It's a part of manhood.

so if you are male and cannot afford healthcare for yourself and others then you are not a man.

...and if you are female?
    i don't know, you'd have to ask Grant... but i'm guessing if you're female you should find a hard-working man to provide for you.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: duncan torusi don't know, you'd have to ask Grant... but i'm guessing if you're female you should find a hard-working man to provide for you.
    Only settle for a really manful, manly man like Captain Ned of the Raging Queen.
    Posted By: duncan torussometimes you feel like a nut... (free healthcare leads to... um... gladiators? lions vs xtians? swap meets?)so if you are male and cannot afford healthcare for yourself and others then you are not a man.

It's a part of manhood.

A senator from Maine said today (susan collins) on the nightly news on Fox, which I listened to as I mulched the hostas . . . .that having a 50 billion dollar fund to bail out business entities that are "too large to fail" constitutes a moral hazard.

this principle applies to individuals as well as people. The USA already has in place programs for people with disabilities, and it is more than generous. Extending such programs to those who do not need them corrupts them morally.

I dont think this principle is that hard to comprehend.
    • CommentAuthortubbers
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010

Posted By: Silver Sword
    Posted By: duncan torussometimes you feel like a nut... (free healthcare leads to... um... gladiators? lions vs xtians? swap meets?)so if you are male and cannot afford healthcare for yourself and others then you are not a man.

It's a part of manhood.

A senator from Maine said today (susan collins) on the nightly news on Fox, which I listened to as I mulched the hostas . . . .that having a 50 billion dollar fund to bail out business entities that are "too large to fail" constitutes a moral hazard.

this principle applies to individuals as well as people. The USA already has in place programs for people with disabilities, and it is more than generous. Extending such programs to those who do not need them corrupts them morally.

I dont think this principle is that hard to comprehend.

I agree. And when Jesus heeled the sick that did nothing but to morally corrupt them. We should have learned our lessons.
    *Try Again*
    • CommentAuthortubbers

Posted By: Silver Sword*Try Again*

OK. All those lepers and blind people and dead people that Jesus healed should have PAID. Not paying for health care corrupts people morally. I don't think this principle is that hard to comprehend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Silver SwordExtending such programs to those who do not need them corrupts them morally.

Where did that come from? Nobody wants to give away money to people who don't need it, except of course those who believe in Chicago school economics. Health care, our style, is part of the social contract.

If you want to talk about moral hazard, forget worrying about the souls of people who might be tempted to cadge a little extra on health care, and think about the moral hazard of maintaining half the world's military spending in order to defend a way of life that includes burning a quarter of the fuel produced on the planet. Meanwhile crying needs go unmet. Don't you think that is bad for the self-regard?