Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010

Posted By: tubbers
    Posted By: Silver Sword*Try Again*

OK. All those lepers and blind people and dead people that Jesus healed should have PAID. Not paying for health care corrupts people morally. I don't think this principle is that hard to comprehend.
    Well it denied some their very livelihoods. One day they were lepers with a trade and then without an even "by your leave" they were cured.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010 edited

Yes, the new America requires the new Jesus... Supply Side Jesus

OK. All those lepers and blind people and dead people that Jesus healed should have PAID. Not paying for health care corrupts people morally. I don't think this principle is that hard to comprehend.

*Try again*
    •  
      CommentAuthorthebadger
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010 edited

Posted By: Pork SwordExtending such programs to those who do not need them corrupts them morally.

I dont think this principle is that hard to comprehend.

Damned right. It's outrageous when the damned government runs programs for the benefit of society. I mean, look at New Zealand. Provides Healthcare for its people. Completely corrupt. That's why it appears as the least corrupt country in the world in Transparency International's annual survey. http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2009/cpi_2009_table
    Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: Silver SwordExtending such programs to those who do not need them corrupts them morally.

Where did that come from? Nobody wants to give away money to people who don't need it, except of course those who believe in Chicago school economics. Health care, our style, is part of the social contract.

If you want to talk about moral hazard, forget worrying about the souls of people who might be tempted to cadge a little extra on health care, and think about the moral hazard of maintaining half the world's military spending in order to defend a way of life that includes burning a quarter of the fuel produced on the planet. Meanwhile crying needs go unmet. Don't you think that is bad for the self-regard?

No.

I think you have a narrow view of the world.

I presume you are in Europe. We maintain our military in Europe to keep the Europeans from starting another world war. They would be thrilled to do so, given the chance. In fact, they feel entitled to do so, but they are afraid of us. That is a good thing.

Ditto for Japan. Ditto for Korea.

Now our new president didn't study in school and doesn't understand. We hope to reeducate him this November.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

SSJ for global emperor!!!
    • CommentAuthortubbers

Posted By: Silver Sword

*Try again*

OK. Using a road and not paying for it leads to moral corruption. Using a park and not paying for it leads to moral corruption. Going to the police and not paying for it leads to moral corruption. Taking a crap in a public toilet and not paying for it leads to moral corruption (but thankfully for that one at least a few republicans got arrested).
    Well, I don't know where you live, but where I live I pay for all those things.

And yes. I think it corrupts people who skate on their taxes and don't pay. Freeloading is acid to the soul.

I'm probably not going to reply further on this unless you can define "moral hazard" and acknowledge that it is a real term that sane people acknowledge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Silver SwordWe maintain our military in Europe to keep the Europeans from starting another world war. They would be thrilled to do so, given the chance. In fact, they feel entitled to do so, but they are afraid of us.

Howling and rolling on the floor beating my fists against the carpet. Haven't heard anything that funny in years.

I'm bailing out of this conversation. You have too far to go to catch up to reality.

BTW I am not in Europe.
    • CommentAuthortubbers

Posted By: Silver SwordWell, I don't know where you live, but where I live I pay for all those things.

And yes. I think it corrupts people who skate on their taxes and don't pay. Freeloading is acid to the soul.

I'm probably not going to reply further on this unless you can define "moral hazard" and acknowledge that it is a real term that sane people acknowledge.

Do you directly pay for them or do you pay through your taxes? Because if you're paying through your taxes then it means that the unemployed aren't paying for the roads, parks, police or public toilets. And that corrupts them morally. I don't think this principle is that hard to comprehend.

Mind you, if you're using a road for free when you could easily afford to pay for it directly then that will also corrupt you morally.
    Fine.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: Silver SwordWe maintain our military in Europe to keep the Europeans from starting another world war. They would be thrilled to do so, given the chance. In fact, they feel entitled to do so, but they are afraid of us.

Howling and rolling on the floor beating my fists against the carpet. Haven't heard anything that funny in years.

I'm bailing out of this conversation. You have too far to go to catch up to reality.

BTW I am not in Europe.
    It's not meant to be taken literally. European refers to any person or race Grant wishes to disparage.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Who does Grant mean by "We"?
    • CommentAuthortubbers

Posted By: loremanWho does Grant mean by "We"?

He means all Americans. That is to say, all REAL Americans. Not those bleeding heart liberals or anyone who voted for Obama or anyone that supports universal healthcare or anyone who opposed the war in Iraq. Just the REAL Americans.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

I can see him working up to Jesus sanctioning Holy Wars again-which I've said before is wrong on so many levels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Grant, like all "real" Americans will vote for Supply Side Jesus this November.
    He is opposed to universal healthcare and sword control. Plus, he promises to keep Mesopotamia safe by invading Iraq.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Yep, very telling that.
    • CommentAuthortubbers

Posted By: loremanI can see him working up to Jesus sanctioning Holy Wars again-which I've said before is wrong on so many levels.

Ha! I remember him once saying that the Bible invented capitalism and the evidence was a quote from Paul saying that if people refuse to work then let them starve. I guess that's pretty much what capitalism is all about isn't it? Nothing to do with investing money in what will return the best yield or anything vaguely sensible. It's all about letting "lazy" people starve.
    • CommentAuthortubbers

Posted By: DerrickAGrant, like all "real" Americans will vote forSupply Side Jesusthis November.
    He is opposed to universal healthcare and sword control. Plus, he promises to keep Mesopotamia safe by invading Iraq.

I like Supply Side Jesus!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: DerrickAGrant, like all "real" Americans will vote forSupply Side Jesusthis November.

I like Supply Side Jesus!

So do I. It's a shame that SSJ's teachings only seem to be taught in the grovel boxes of American heartland states.
    The rest of the world seems to prefer the original, humble Jesus. At least with SSJ, I can keep both of my Hummer SUV's without guilt.