Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010

Posted By: tubbers
    Posted By: loremanWho does Grant mean by "We"?

He means all Americans. That is to say, all REAL Americans. Not those bleeding heart liberals or anyone who voted for Obama or anyone that supports universal healthcare or anyone who opposed the war in Iraq. Just the REAL Americans.
    IOW he means the ascendents of the population in "Idiocracy". Brawmo it's what nut jobs crave!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: DerrickAGrant, like all "real" Americans will vote forSupply Side Jesusthis November.
    He is opposed to universal healthcare and sword control. Plus, he promises to keep Mesopotamia safe by invading Iraq.
    SSJ is a classic!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: DerrickASo do I. It's a shame that SSJ's teachings only seem to be taught in the grovel boxes of American heartland states.
    The rest of the world seems to prefer the original, humble Jesus. At least with SSJ, I can keep both of my Hummer SUV's without guilt.
    You only have two? I can't tell you how much that disappoints SSJ.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: joshsYou only have two? I can't tell you how much that disappoints SSJ.

Well, I did have three Hummers, but I sold one to help buy a new air conditioned dog house for Tammy Faye Bakker's dog. With Tammy's passing due to cancer, and Jim still in prison on his fraud conviction, the poor dog just wasn't being cared for in the manner to which it was accustomed. I bought a new custom Airstream doghouse (complete with gold fittings) and set aside the remaining money to buy the daily Filet Mignon and twice daily massages that "Cuddles" would normally receive. What can I say? I am proud to give to worthy causes such as this.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Well that's better, but why did you do that for someone else's dog? It is only going to ruin the dead Tammy Faye morals.
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

Posted By: Silver Sword
    I presume you are in Europe. We maintain our military in Europe to keep the Europeans from starting another world war. They would be thrilled to do so, given the chance. In fact, they feel entitled to do so, but they are afraid of us. That is a good thing.

Tell me this is a parody. Surely ?!*?

Angus is a resident of the North American continent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: Silver SwordWe maintain our military in Europe to keep the Europeans from starting another world war. They would be thrilled to do so, given the chance. In fact, they feel entitled to do so, but they are afraid of us.

Howling and rolling on the floor beating my fists against the carpet. Haven't heard anything that funny in years.

I'm bailing out of this conversation. You have too far to go to catch up to reality.

BTW I am not in Europe.

Well speaking as a typical narrow minded war mongering European, I for one say thank God for the American troops on my street! Only for them my overwhelming urge to start another World War might just have gotten the better of me last week. Phew!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: Silver SwordWe maintain our military in Europe to keep the Europeans from starting another world war. They would be thrilled to do so, given the chance. In fact, they feel entitled to do so, but they are afraid of us. That is a good thing.

So you are morally corrupting us by paying the bill - how naughty.

I thought the reason for the vast US military machine and the Bush regimes sabre rattling, was that having been late for the last two world wars, you were trying to be early for the next one.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: DuracellWell speaking as a typical narrow minded war mongering European, I for one say thank God for the American troops on my street! Only for them my overwhelming urge to start another World War might just have gotten the better of me last week. Phew!
    The truth be known the main reason that French are notorious for being rude to Americans is that they begrudge the American peace mongers keeping them from rolling their tanks across Europe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: Silver Sword... on the nightly news on Fox, which I listened to as I mulched the hostas . . . .

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: pcstruI thought the reason for the vast US military machine and the Bush regimes sabre rattling, was that having been late for the last two world wars, you were trying to be early for the next one.

Good one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: pcstru

So you are morally corrupting us by paying the bill - how naughty.

I thought the reason for the vast US military machine and the Bush regimes sabre rattling, was that having been late for the last two world wars, you were trying to be early for the next one.

Which nicely explain why Grant likes such a heavy defense budget : as many of his ilk, he YEARN for the rapture and apocalypse. Therefore such saber rattling make him wet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler

Posted By: Silver SwordWell, I don't know where you live, but where I live I pay for all those things.

Only because you've conned the cash to do so from the pockets of your congregation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

I think I jsut found something what represent grant's state of mind :

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Growler
    Posted By: Silver SwordWell, I don't know where you live, but where I live I pay for all those things.

Only because you've conned the cash to do so from the pockets of your congregation.

I know, it's rich coming from a complete parasite, who sponges on those who actually generate GDP for their country.
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Angus[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: pcstru[/cite]I thought the reason for the vast US military machine and the Bush regimes sabre rattling, was that having been late for the last two world wars, you were trying to be early for the next one.[/quote]

Good one![/quote]

We (America) will be starting the next war since those little children running Iran have chosen to play with the big boys and make a few nukes. Some cultures have not matured and still function with mentalities that are immature. Like giving a handgun to a seven year old.

Whether anyone likes it or not this world is held together on the thin agreement of law among men. Remove law and all would revert to man eats man. Threat of punishment from an effective enforcer is what keeps the law functional.

Ok, let all of the peace loving people respond to this post and complain about war. But remember, without the threat there is no law and order.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Scott-in-ChicagoWe (America) will be starting the next war

Just to make sure we are properly opted out. We in America will not be starting the next war. We will be watching our neighbours in the US do it.
    • CommentAuthornova
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2010 edited

On the North American continent there are three nationalities. There are Canadians, Mexicans and there are Americans. Get over it.
    The blacks want to be called African American, not African US.
    And I have had many arguments with blacks when I've asked them what we should call blacks born in any other country, not US citizens.
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

Maddox had something to say about this, too.
    in most of the world /american/ is understood to mean someone from the united states
    at least by the /man in the street/

america is thought of as the /country'/ rather than the continent

the american continent is then called so because it contains the country of /america'/

something similar happens with england and great britain
    it is not uncommon (for non british in many parts of the world/] for instance to speak of the english prime minister
    quite often it is in a way correct because it is of course quie common for the british prime minister to be english

a surprisingly common error /even in this ans the steorn forum, is to think of ireland as part of the uk or even part
    of england