Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009

I don't think it generates 'new energy', but I also think that it's not pulling energy from other parts of the universe either

Errm...so it's not creating energy or moving it around? What does it do exactly?

any extra input energy that they're failing to measure (if that is in fact what's happening) is on a local scale.

What do you mean by "local scale"? It's plugged into a wall socket? The twirling magnets are making the room cooler?
    • CommentAuthorCrastney
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited

locally - within a few metres, rather than 'other parts of the universe' which in my mind implied, out of our solar system, or as far away as other parts of our galaxy, or other galaxies, or further.
    (admittedly 'other parts of the universe' could in theory mean 'outside of the device but within a 50cm radius')

and no I don't think that there will be a temperature change - this phenomena has never been recorded with orbo twirling magnets.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited

"(admittedly 'other parts of the universe' could in theory mean 'outside of the device but within a 50cm radius')"
    --
    Of course.

"and no I don't think that there will be a temperature change - this phenomena has never been recorded with orbo twirling magnets."
    ---
    Sooo...it's drawing energy in locally, but not ambient heat? Which local source of energy would you suggest it is drawing in?

"if you're talking about eOrbo - then it would be safe to assume that the electromagnets will need a power source initially, but they won't necessarily have to be 'plugged into a wall socket'. "
    ---
    Oh, the "eOrbo" yet another brand name for a non-existant product. They really do remind me of those old dotcom companies who would keep "launching" new products (usually with e in front of them) without writing a single line of code.

"won't necessarily" - hehehe
    Crastney have you ever seen an 'orbo' (e or otherwise)? Sorry if you've answered this before.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009

Crastney, your conjecture would only make sense had Steorn EVER shown ANY device which self ran or, in the alternative, if they had allowed Dr. Mike to see an Orbo and "take a screwdriver to it" (direct quote of promise from Sean). Or if any claim they made had ever been properly validated. Or if they had not continually and consistently lied. Since in fact they have shown no regard for the truth or for keeping a single promise, I'd suggest they are not creating energy. The main thing they seem to be creating is an income for Sean and the crew. And I doubt that it will continue much longer.
    • CommentAuthorCrastney
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009 edited

"won't necessarily have to be plugged into a wall socket"
    it could, for example, use a small table top battery instead for the initial power input.

Why do any of you guys listen to what I say?
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Don't let 'em get you down Crastney-think what you like-education and intelligence are different things
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009

@crastney, are you saying you don't want anyone to reply to your posts? Why keep posting?
    • CommentAuthorCrastney

I don't care if people reply or not, what pisses me off is when my words get misunderstood on purpose to make me look stupid. It's obvious that you're all fairly intelligent, so why twist what other people are saying to make it look like they don't know what they're talking about, unless it's just to score points, and to make yourself appear smarter and brainier than us.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsaner

Posted By: CrastneyI don't care if people reply or not, what pisses me off is when my words get misunderstood on purpose to make me look stupid.

While I am sure some words do get twisted at times, if you are clear and concise with your statements, it would be much harder for people to attach the wrong meaning to your words.

Honestly, quite often I do get the impression that you haven't got a clue. Doesn't make it so, maybe your writing style is letting you down.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: maryyugoCrastney, your conjecture would only make sense had Steorn EVER shown ANY device which self ran or, in the alternative, if they had allowed Dr. Mike to see an Orbo and "take a screwdriver to it" (direct quote of promise from Sean).

Why would Sean waste time giving Dr. Mike a guided tour of Orbo when he had more important things on his mind post-kinetica?

Or if any claim they made had ever been properly validated. Or if they had not continually and consistently lied. Since in fact they have shown no regard for the truth or for keeping a single promise, I'd suggest they are not creating energy.

Sean has lied like a sidewalk to the people on the Steorn forum, but so what? What counts is whether or not he has lied to the investors. And I doubt they would have given yet more money after the kinetica fiasco unless they were shown evidence that Steorn had the goods.

Just imagine:
    Inv: Sean, I understand you have a 550hp motor. May I see it?
    Sean: Well, no, that is a projection based on our equations. Here they are! Take a look!

or

Inv: Sean, where are all the orbo prototypes spinning? I'd like to see them.
    Sean: Well, we are at the anomaly stage, but I can show you the anomaly on the oscilloscope!

How long do you think such BS would have lasted? The investors would have been on the phone with their lawyers a long time ago.

The main thing they seem to be creating is an income for Sean and the crew. And I doubt that it will continue much longer.

Whatever is going on won't last, because Sean has painted himself into a corner. If he doesn't demonstrate, by the end of the year, a self-powered, perpetually spinning gizmo that performs work, it is all over, imho.

And even if this is a social experiment, and Steorn's real business is writing department store ads, or doing chartered accounting, it will still be all over. The experimenters will wait a few weeks to get the final reactions, and then Sean will do the reveal.
    Posted By: couldbe

Why would Sean waste time giving Dr. Mike a guided tour of Orbo when he had more important things on his mind post-kinetica?

To paraphrase Sean "Dr Mike can take a screwdriver to it"; I guess Sean is just not one for keeping his word.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Tilley didn't do a reveal (if you don't know who Carl Tilley is, do yourself a favor and google it together with the word "fraud"). A local TV station reporter, a judge who compelled disclosure based on investor complaints, and finally a capable university professor who examined the toys, did the reveal. If there's any reveal for Steorn, it will likely come the same way as Tilley's -- from legal action, not voluntary disclosure. I smell badly soiled laundry with the odor coming from Sean's direction. And with time, the stench gets worse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

@couldbe

Sean has lied like a sidewalk to the people on the Steorn forum, but so what? What counts is whether or not he has lied to the investors. And I doubt they would have given yet more money after the kinetica fiasco unless they were shown evidence that Steorn had the goods.

Er. Shouldn't that be "layed like a sidewalk", or if you're a Brit "lain like a pavement"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Farting around on his laptop showing meaningless graphs was more important than keeping his promise to someone who flew half way round the world?

How long do you think such BS would have lasted? The investors would have been on the phone with their lawyers a long time ago.

There is lots of examples of people who have invested in such schemes not coming forward, not bringing in the lawyers, not doing anything apart from licking their wounds in silence. Where is your evidence that these investors are any different?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe

Posted By: pcstru

Farting around on his laptop showing meaningless graphs was more important than keeping his promise to someone who flew half way round the world?

Flew on Sean's dime. Of course it was more important. If my company had just suffered a public relations disaster, I would have to be an idiot as a manager to take time off to satisfy somebody's curiosity, no matter what I had promised earlier. It's known as prioritizing.

There is lots of examples of people who have invested in such schemes not coming forward, not bringing in the lawyers, not doing anything apart from licking their wounds in silence. Where is your evidence that these investors are any different?

I don't have any real evidence. But Steorn's first round of investment was, what - 4 years ago?
    It seems not in the realm of human nature for investors to put up with oscilloscope traces and flash presentations for two years, then watch the kinetica debacle, then respond with millions more in investment, and after two more years, still be hanging in there, watching what? more flash presentations? More oscilloscope traces?

I think they have seen something much more convincing, and have watched progress from something like the 'toy' shown by Knappen to something that can't be waved away.
    Posted By: Crastneythis phenomena

Grrr...

This phenomenon, these phenomena!

Thank you for listening.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: pcstru

Flew on Sean's dime.

Actually, it was the investors dime, but definitely Dr Mike's time

Of course it was more important. If my company had just suffered a public relations disaster, I would have to be an idiot as a manager to take time off to satisfy somebody's curiosity, no matter what I had promised earlier. It's known as prioritizing.

Then why set up the PR stunt of Dr Mike in the first place. All you are saying is that Steorn are not only incompetent at engineering, but they are incompetent managers as well.

I don't have any real evidence.

Exactly.
    Posted By: couldbeFlew on Sean's dime.

Yeah, weird eh? Spend the money to fly him over, then show him nothing. It doesn't make sense.

If my company had just suffered a public relations disaster, I would have to be an idiot as a manager to take time off to satisfy somebody's curiosity, no matter what I had promised earlier.

Even if doing so would do more to alleviate the PR disaster than any of the rest of what Sean did over the following weeks and months?
    Flew on Sean's dime. Of course it was more important. If my company had just suffered a public relations disaster, I would have to be an idiot as a manager to take time off to satisfy somebody's curiosity, no matter what I had promised earlier. It's known as prioritizing.

Ah, but this is where you are wrong. The disaster was the perfect time to enlist an ally and show complete transparency. Dr. Mike's positive assessment of both Sean's graciousness under fire and the opportunity to inspect the device a la screwdriver would have been just to the ticket to reverse misfortune.