Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010

Posted By: NewsEditor
    Posted By: MileHighTechnology is racing forward faster than ever, just look around. Steorn is a whole other deal but you just can't see it.

Steorn are CONSTANTLY innovating and developing the technology. It's just that YOU can't see THAT.
    Steorn have no technology to innovate against or develop Craig.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: underunity
    Posted By: MileHighI looked at one of their modules and saw that it was nothing more than Electromagnetics 101.MileHigh
    Actually, if I recall correctly, one of their modules is flat-out wrong. The one on hysteresis I believe. Some misconception about u_r.
    Steorn's misedutainment modules are comically bad.
    Posted By: joshs
    Steorn are CONSTANTLY innovating and developing the technology. It's just that YOU can't see THAT.
    Steorn have no technology to innovate against or develop Craig.
    Too bad we all can't see the emperor's new clothes.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

I think even 00fool knows the game is over now.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

There's gullible. There's ignorant. There's stupid. There's moronic. And then somewhere so far down the line mold surpasses applied cognition there's our very own Craig, AKA double oh dimwit.
    • CommentAuthornova

Posted By: MileHighSteorn haven't discovered any new laws, I assure you.

I wasn't referring to Steorn, but rather exposing the futility of such a statement that we have learned all there is to know about the universe. That's what is wrong with science. An overwhelming arrogance and certainty that it knows EVERYTHING.

If this is the position then surely we should stop ALL attempts at innovation or improvement. We have reached a technological peak of human existence. This my friends is AS GOOD AS IT GETS.
    This is not saying that we know all there is to know. We know some things very well and one of those things is that Stoern has not discovered anything new. The applied laws that are known has given the human race considerable comfort. You should learn those laws.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: MileHighI looked at one of their modules and saw that it was nothing more than Electromagnetics 101.MileHigh
    Actually, if I recall correctly, one of their modules is flat-out wrong. The one on hysteresis I believe. Some misconception about u_r.

You've never seen the modules. At best you've seen the sample one on the site, so you can't comment on what they are like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: BigOilRepI think even 00fool knows the game is over now.

Apparently the game was "over" in September 2006. You called it wrong then, you've called it wrong now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: nova
    Posted By: MileHighSteorn haven't discovered any new laws, I assure you.

I wasn't referring to Steorn, but rather exposing the futility of such a statement that we have learned all there is to know about the universe. That's what is wrong with science. An overwhelming arrogance and certainty that it knows EVERYTHING.

If this is the position then surely we should stop ALL attempts at innovation or improvement. We have reached a technological peak of human existence. This my friends is AS GOOD AS IT GETS.
    This is not saying that we know all there is to know. We know some things very well and one of those things is that Stoern has not discovered anything new. The applied laws that are known has given the human race considerable comfort. You should learn those laws.

Except you DON'T KNOW. You GUESS constantly and get it WRONG constantly I'll grant you that.
    • CommentAuthorefend
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010

I certainly would say we should have an open mind, and yes it is not smart to be closed minded about things and assume present theories such as COE are infallible and absolutely correct. Only testing of every single arrangement or configuration of fields might validate that and that has not been done. Its quite possible that there may be another set of physical laws we dont know about that might provide an exception.

However, I think it is pretty clear now that Steorn are not a source of energy, and that they are scam artists. They have not provided any reproducible evidence and models to the world to show this technology, if they had this technology they could prove it without all the sleazy scope readings in away that is obvious to everyone. But, they can't, and that can't provide proof at all of what they claim.

Claims like these require proof and since Steorn made these claims, they also need to provide the proof to be taken seriously. They have not, for 4 years now. Basically, are we expected to believe they have this, without any proof, that we will be waiting for proof forever, basically, because it is not forthcoming? They have been given reasonable amount of time to show it and they have not.

To waste time hoping from anything from Steorn is a waste of time and energy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

However, I think it is pretty clear now that Steorn are not a source of energy, and that they are scam artists.

So what's the scam then? 4 years and still no-one can sya what the scam ACTUALLY IS.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: NewsEditorSo what's the scam then? 4 years and still no-one can sya what the scam ACTUALLY IS.

Says the logic gymnast 007.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: aber0der
    Posted By: NewsEditorSo what's the scam then? 4 years and still no-one can sya what the scam ACTUALLY IS.

Says the logic gymnast 007.

Thanks for proving my point that you ALL say scam and yet NO ONE can say HOW the "scam" is perpetrated. What a joke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Money for old rope.
    Posted By: NewsEditorHowever, I think it is pretty clear now that Steorn are not a source of energy, and that they are scam artists.

So what's the scam then? 4 years and still no-one can sya what the scam ACTUALLY IS.
    Sheesh!, the same scam Goldes has been pulling for the last decade or more, the scam is really quite simple, I got this fantastic invention, you give me money and I will let you in on the deal and you can learn the secret.

The problem with you Craig is you cannot believe people can be duped so easily, you think there has to be some elaborate setup, but all it takes is the promise of a better future, be it free energy and/or a good return on investment and people jump in blindly.

P.T.Barnum was not making a joke when he said there is a sucker born every minute, he recognized just how easy it is to fool people.

You've never seen the modules. At best you've seen the sample one on the site, so you can't comment on what they are like.
    Em. What?

I have seen the modules. The sample one on their website. It has incorrect information. Usually when a company gives out a sample, it is meant to be respective of the content provided upon purchase.

If the sample is poisonous/bad/incorrect, then it is reasonable to assume that the product will be poisonous/bad/incorrect.

It is an official sample, and it is categorically incorrect. Fact.
    • CommentAuthorAzat
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010 edited

[quote][cite]The problem with you Craig is you cannot believe people can be duped so easily, you think there has to be some elaborate setup, but all it takes is the promise of a better future, be it free energy and/or a good return on investment and people jump in blindly.[/quote]

You can't imagine, how correct you are.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

You are wrong again Craig. I've seen several of the modules. I call them misedutainment modules for good reason. They were all crap grade school science level. At least two had huge errors.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010 edited

The scam? That's easy.

Steorn lie and pretend to have an "always proven to work" technology that "packs quite a punch", and they get a bunch of people to hand over at least 14 million Euro (and that's only the amount that we know of from their filed accounts from years ago - it could be much higher by now) on the back of this lie. Then they proceed to burn through this money over the course of many years, while all that time providing nothing even remotely resembling what they claimed they had way back when they were raising the money.

Of course they cannot provide anything because they know that their ridiculous claim (to be able to create energy from nothing) is impossible. Still though, I guess it pays the bills for Sean and co. for as long as the investment capital lasts, and in the meantime if they can sucker any new marks in by maintaining a (pretty piss poor) illusion of having something then all the better. Sleight of hand like the pay to play SKDB would of course at first glance help to reinforce this false impression for those unfamiliar with this whole sorry saga.

Erm... But all of the above (well... with the exception of the "it is impossible to create energy from nothing" bit!) is of course my opinion only... Allegedly... Or something... ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

You are wrong again Craig. I've seen several of the modules. I call them misedutainment modules for good reason. They were all crap grade school science level. At least two had huge errors.

The ones you seen were from ages ago. Samples and not the ACTUAL modules. The actual modules number quite a lot and increase in complexity and level of understanding required.