Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010 edited

From a book I am reading:

"Have you ever watched a flock of birds, Mum, -like seagulls on a beach or pigeons on a field?" he asked. I sat quietly and listened. "You know when they take flight because something has scared them. Have you noticed that they all seem to take flight at the same time? They don't wait and watch each other, then gradually follow the one that started it, do they? All the birds are individuals, yet when they burst into flight, their cohesiveness is a sight to behold. Even though they take flight at precisely the same moment, they never go off in different directions - they fly together, as a whole, in the same direction. Yet there is no leader -no bird which organizes the others. There is no boss. This is ultimate proof of the power of collective thought - a collective consciousness.
    The birds are governed by a collective force - the spirit which runs through all the individuals. It needs just one bird to create the thought that there is danger close by, and that thought immediately manifests in all the birds, and they act as one. That individual bird transcends self to become one with the whole flock. So really, the bird moves within the flock, and the flock moves within the bird.
    This same force is possible within mankind, just as one person's idea can turn society in a different direction. So, don't sit there and complain that no one person can make a difference because you all can. It is the difference that you wish to make to society that is important. When enough of you are going in the same direction, you will be able to influence the flock - you will help create the whole consciousness of the new collective."

Jason, an 11 year old Star Child who says he is not from this world, and that neither are we.

From the book Walking Between Worlds - Belonging To None, written by his mother Ann Andrews.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010

Emergent phenomenon. No question of directing it. By definition it happens collectively.

One person turning society in a different direction is called "leadership" and is highly individualistic.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

I hope Ann Andrews doesn't have any more annoying children.
    Let's wait and see what Ann writes about Jason in, say, six years, when he experiences his first arrest for possession of a controlled substance, and makes his bones by shanking a rival gangster in the tank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: BigOilRepI hope Ann Andrews doesn't have any more annoying children.

Apart from Julie Jr. who sings "The sound of music" in a shrill, high pitched voice?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Just what we needed. Another wide eyed brainless troll.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: AngusEmergent phenomenon. No question of directing it. By definition it happens collectively.

One person turning society in a different direction is called "leadership" and is highly individualistic.

That's no explanation of how a large flock of birds simultaneously bursts into flight all in the same direction.

With persons the mass may listen to a leader who shouts "Follow me" and gradually more persons may start to follow him. But let him shout "Fire" in a big open space and see if all those individuals simultaniously get up and run exactly in the same direction without a single exception.

Jason is talking about a psychic collective awareness. And our potential to influence it by merging with it, giving up the limited ego consciousness.

Yes, the truth about Who we really are can be annoying to our ego. The parents of Jason though he was mentally unbalanced. Until after many sessions of Jason with a child psychiatrist they finally became convinced that he was mentally completely healthy when that was the final diagnosis.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: Lodewijk
    Posted By: AngusEmergent phenomenon. No question of directing it. By definition it happens collectively.

That's no explanation of how a large flock of birds simultaneously bursts into flight all in the same direction.

Nor is there any confirmation of the phenomenology, or the reality, of the claim that they do so "simultaneously" and without all perceiving the identical threat.

With persons the mass may listen to a leader who shouts "Follow me" and gradually more persons may start to follow him. But let him shout "Fire" in a big open space and see if all those individuals simultaniously get up and run exactly in the same direction without a single exception.
    It happens all the time, sadly. Stories of multiple deaths due to trampling by panicked crowds all running simultaneously in the same direction are all too prevalent.

Jason is talking about a psychic collective awareness. And our potential to influence it by merging with it, giving up the limited ego consciousness.

Yes, the truth about Who we really are can be annoying to our ego. The parents of Jason though he was mentally unbalanced. Until after many sessions of Jason with a child psychiatrist they finally became convinced that he was mentally completely healthy when that was the final diagnosis.

An eleven-year-old child who has had "many" sessions with a child psychiatrist, and whose parents evidently hold the ideals and opinions that Jason's do, is almost certainly NOT mentally completely healthy. If he were, he would not be talking about his delusions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

@Lodewijk
    Yes it is
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: alsetalokinLet's wait and see what Ann writes about Jason in, say, six years, when he experiences his first arrest for possession of a controlled substance, and makes his bones by shanking a rival gangster in the tank.

That quote was from Jason when he was 11. But his mother also writes about many other things that happend when he was much older.
    Since you have already a hard time taking this serious, I won't push it any further. He is a grownup now, doing things you wouldn't believe possible. That is also written in a second book about him later.

And he is only one of many. They just don't walk the street with a sign saying: "I am a Star Child". They have a hard time enough with a family that doesn't understand them until much later that family has informed themselves of this new phenomena. And this might not always even be the case.

Posted By: maryyugoJust what we needed. Another wide eyed brainless troll.

I knew that accusation would come up. I know the viciousness of the ego, who thinks its life depends on keeping us down in the dust: "You are but a member of a race of predators. Don't even dare to let any subconscious memories come up in you! You are not worthy of such lofty re-cognitions!"

Since it is not my intent to upset anyone -make anyone feel anger- I will refrain from posting here any further if what I share with you robs you of your peace of mind.
    Posted By: Angus@Lodewijk
    Yes it is

Gaack!
    We need Cauchy functions and Laplacian transforms to prove that, if individuals in flocks don't all go in the same direction, some of them will collide?

Well, it's nice to know that all the bases are covered.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

You don't anger me, Lode. You're weird, out of touch with reality, and most often long winded and boring and, of course, misled, misdirected, deceived and out of it. That's all. No anger. Just disappointment.

By all means post but try to keep it reasonably and mercifully brief, try to put it all in a few posts and don't troll. Thank you for your rapt attention.
    • CommentAuthorscience

I quite enjoy Lodewijk posts. It's interesting to me just how out of touch with reality people can get. Like this Ann Andrews lady, for example. I feel sorry for her son, who now thinks he is a psychic, multi-dimensional Indigo Child alien-half-breed with healing powers. It's like someone reached into a hat full of bullshit New Age ideas and grabbed a fistful of them:

Amazon
    This is the story of Jason, my Indigo child... Alien abduction typically runs in families - and Ann Andrews came from a long line of abductees. Although it wasn't until her son's experiences accelerated that she began having dreams and was given back long hidden memories, which enabled her to accept and cope with what was going on with her youngest son Jason. What sets Jason apart from the many other young children who are now being born with exceptional multi-dimensional abilities is that Jason is not only an abductee, but is himself of extraterrestrial origin and he explains that "Technically we are all extraterrestrials, because there is no one amongst you who 'comes' from here." After years of uncertainty, Jason progressed from an initial standpoint of fear and terror to the point in his teens when he began accepting "their" teachings and to acknowledge who he is - one of many Indigo or Star Children here on Earth helping humanity to evolve to the next step. Jason says he came to our planet with two purposes: "I wanted to experience what it was like to be human, and as a human, i would be in a better position to help the rest of you when the time comes." Now that Jason has "awakened" to who he truly is, he welcomes their interaction and works with the ETs. He has developed into a powerful psychic with amazing healing abilities. Walking Between Worlds - Belonging to None raises the bar when it comes to alien abduction books. Like many, Walking offers a fascinating account of strange and unusual events; yet it also takes us into new realms of possibilities where humanity takes its place as Cosmic Citizens; realizing our divine destiny where the Earth becomes a station of light, a point of great radiance and vitality, beaming out into the Universe.
    • CommentAuthornova

"You know when they take flight because something has scared them. Have you noticed that they all seem to take flight at the same time? "

Have you ever watched a flock of seagulls? They never take flight at the same time. What a bunch of crap.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Ann Andrews came from a long line of abductees.

lol
    • CommentAuthornova

"All the birds are individuals, yet when they burst into flight, their cohesiveness is a sight to behold. Even though they take flight at precisely the same moment, they never go off in different directions - they fly together, as a whole, in the same direction. Yet there is no leader -no bird which organizes the others. There is no boss. This is ultimate proof of the power of collective thought - a collective consciousness."

This is ultimate proof of blindness.
    • CommentAuthorscience

Thanks to this kids perma-tripping mom, we get another maladjusted, out-of-touch individual joining society.

What's going to happen when this kid tries to heal a mountain lion, or when he accidentally stabs somebody in the face with a healing crystal?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Yes it is

Gaack!
    We need Cauchy functions and Laplacian transforms to prove that, if individuals in flocks don't all go in the same direction, some of them will collide?

If it's a choice between Laplace transforms or telepathy, I know where I'm going for enlightenment.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Yes it is

Gaack!

"our hypothesis implies that each bird influences all of the other
    through the adjacency matrix, no matter what the configuration
    of the birds. Of course, we are making idealizations in this
    hypothesis."

I would say... ; )

Posted By: maryyugoYou don't anger me, Lode. You're weird, out of touch with reality, and most often long winded and boring and, of course, misled, misdirected, deceived and out of it. That's all. No anger. Just disappointment.

By all means post but try to keep it reasonably and mercifully brief, try to put it all in a few posts and don't troll. Thank you for your rapt attention.

Thank you for your kind words.

I used to believe that all people who believed there was more than physical reality were poor sods who could not deal with reality and needed some kind of fantasy to feel better. I could not understand how a scientist could believe for a second that there was for example a God. Opium for the masses.

Then I had an experience that was so other worldly -so against everything I accepted as real and true- that I swept it under the rug for 12 years. Then I had another one, and this one was so overwhelming that I could no longer deny it. So I went to live in Mexico as a recluse to think about it and read tons of books on psychology, neurology, physics etc. as well as a lot of writings by the mystics from all parts of the world. And I had more direct experiences that proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to me that things are very different than they appear to be.

I have studied this for some 25 years now. In this field I do know what I am talking about.