Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010

Posted By: Lodewijkscience,

It is not only about that one particular person. Nor about all those who without knowing each other are experiencing similar things. It is about the potential in all of us.
    It's about too much lead and arsenic in the local water supply.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Angus,

I am very content to know Who I am and Who you are beyond our human disguises. But you are free to continue to sneer at any idea that would tell you that you are incomparably more and better in all respects than you are aware of in your "I am but a human being" consciousness.

I am familiar with that consciousness. But also with a loftier one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Posted By: LodewijkDear josh,

Yes, I'm rolling on the floor with a terrible headache. Please stop, I can't take it anymore... : D

When you need to keep Josh out of your head, just go to the kitchen and make yourself a tin foil hat. Works for me ;-)
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2010 edited

DerricA,

I am not desiring to keep parts of my real Identity isolated from me. Certainly not someone called Joshua! : D
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: DerrickA
    Posted By: LodewijkDear josh,

Yes, I'm rolling on the floor with a terrible headache. Please stop, I can't take it anymore... : D

When you need to keep Josh out of your head, just go to the kitchen and make yourself a tin foil hat. Works for me ;-)
    It's not me who is in his head. No tin foil hat is going to keep the scanners out.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

You're very welcome.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: LodewijkDerricA,

I am not desiring to keep parts of my real Identity isolated from me. Certainly not someone called Joshua! : D
    Josh is only the Romanized spelling. Didn't your greater spiritual awareness tell you that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

In keeping with my "boredom" theme..

Ok Lode, I'll bite - please tell us "how things really are" and "who we really are".
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

The Romans symbolize those who occupied the holy land. Our soul is that holy land -the kingdom is within you- and our "I am but a human" consciousness occupies it.

I am not against the ego, it is the human image of the one who considers himself as a god from God. Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and you have given God what is God's.

To me you are Joshua: I Am That I Am is Saviour.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: legendreIn keeping with my "boredom" theme..

Ok Lode, I'll bite - please tell us "how things really are" and "who we really are".

You are the One Who desired to share your Heavenly Joy with others, purely to make them just as perfectly Happy forever as You are. In order to accomplish that, You imagined being them and identified with them. Since You willed for them to have the certainty that Who they are is completely unselfish, You made sure you would completely sacrifice all you Blissful Self-awareness for them, thus exchanging Your Heaven for hell. This is human "life" in this world. You are the One Who was willing to die to give them Yourself. You are the One called God Who is reading this now as you. That also this Extension of Your Self would have Heaven, beginning even on earth, and continuing for ever even after leaving this world physically.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: Lodewijk

You are the One Who desired to share your Heavenly Joy with others, purely to make them just as perfectly Happy forever as You are. In order to accomplish that, you imagined them and identified with them. Since You willed for them to have the certainty that Who they are is completely unselfish, You made sure you would completely sacrifice all you Blissful Self-awareness for them, thus exchanging Your Heaven for hell. This is human "life" in this world. You are the One Who was willing to die to give them Yourself. You are the One called God Who is reading this now as you.

I dunno, something about that just doesn't sound right.
    • CommentAuthornova

Posted By: legendre
    Posted By: Lodewijk

You are the One Who desired to share your Heavenly Joy with others, purely to make them just as perfectly Happy forever as You are. In order to accomplish that, you imagined them and identified with them. Since You willed for them to have the certainty that Who they are is completely unselfish, You made sure you would completely sacrifice all you Blissful Self-awareness for them, thus exchanging Your Heaven for hell. This is human "life" in this world. You are the One Who was willing to die to give them Yourself. You are the One called God Who is reading this now as you.

I dunno, something about that just doesn't sound right.
    You'll be sorry you asked the question.
    • CommentAuthorchipotle

This discussion of birds reminds me that spring is here and I need to do something to keep the rats out of my outdoor finch habitat. Any ideas? It should be something that only bothers rats breaking into the habitat, not birds who try to get in. Chicken wire maybe?
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

legendre,

Is it not you highest moral Ideal to make others forever perfectly happy? So that there is no more suffering of any kind, and everyone is enjoying himself and everyone else immensely with love and respect? Like a big marvelous party? Even if it seems but a utopic idea?

To the ego we are not worthy of so much joy. That is because Who we are will not allow Itself such a happy recognition as long as it believes It is but a far from unselfish creature. It seems dishonest to give oneself a recognition only a perfect God is worthy of. Yet Who but such a God would prefer to be honest but unhappy than happy but dishonest? This is the human situation before God comes to Himself as we.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

word salad
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

As a rabbit or hare you cannot not love salad... ; )

Devouring butterflies is a symbol for the ego gobbling up your soul-awareness. It is not exactly natural for you. And thank God but an illusion.

This salad tastes a lot better than the same old illusory butterfly. It will certainly make your battery last longer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: chipotleThis discussion of birds reminds me that spring is here and I need to do something to keep the rats out of my outdoor finch habitat. Any ideas? It should be something that only bothers rats breaking into the habitat, not birds who try to get in. Chicken wire maybe?

Warfarin
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: chipotleThis discussion of birds reminds me that spring is here and I need to do something to keep the rats out of my outdoor finch habitat. Any ideas? It should be something that only bothers rats breaking into the habitat, not birds who try to get in. Chicken wire maybe?

Would metal plates that are smooth and slippery not keep the rats down because they can't clime up against it? And if it would be close to tree have a roof with overhanging sides of that same metal? The rest you could leave open for the birds to fly in.

Underneath you could use a finely meshed wire screen so the rats don't dig in from under the ground if it would be build in the dirt.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: LodewijkAs a rabbit or hare you cannot not love salad... ; )

Devouring butterflies is a symbol for the ego gobbling up your soul-awareness. It is not exactly natural for you. And thank God but an illusion.

This salad tastes a lot better than the same old illusory butterfly. It will certainly make your battery last longer.

Are we conversing with some kind of bot? I'm getting suspicious this is a piss-take...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010

A separate rat habitat could work. You could also use a ratapult.