Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010 edited

Or a big hammer.
    • CommentAuthorscience
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010

Get a cat that doesn't like eating finches, and if it turns out that it does, get a dog that likes eating cats.
    • CommentAuthorBigMc

Posted By: scienceGet a cat that doesn't like eating finches, and if it turns out that it does, get a dog that likes eating cats.

When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas will simply freeze to death.

ed- always forget that bbcode button
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: LodewijkThe Romans symbolize those who occupied the holy land. Our soul is that holy land -the kingdom is within you- and our "I am but a human" consciousness occupies it.

I am not against the ego, it is the human image of the one who considers himself as a god from God. Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and you have given God what is God's.

To me you are Joshua: I Am That I Am is Saviour.
    You're a loony toon.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

"All the fish are individuals, yet when they burst into swimming, their lack of cohesiveness is a sight to behold. Even though they start swimming at precisely the same moment, they always go off in completely different directions - they swim rapidly, as a whole, in entirely different directions. Yet there is no leader -no fishie which organizes the others. There is no boss. This is ultimate proof of the power of collective thought - a collective consciousness."

Or maybe it's a reflex evolved by natural selection to confuse a predator. Nah-- couldn't be. God wouldn't have created it that way. Evolution is an evil idea of conspiring scientists. Creation took place in six days. That settles it. Must be collective consciousness.
    • CommentAuthorUtD_Grant

Posted By: Lodewijklegendre,

Is it not you highest moral Ideal to make others forever perfectly happy? So that there is no more suffering of any kind, and everyone is enjoying himself and everyone else immensely with love and respect? Like a big marvelous party? Even if it seems but a utopic idea?

Who cleans the blocked toilet ?
    • CommentAuthorchipotle

Angus I need a non-toxic solution.

Lode you forget that rats climb trees.

My dog likes the finches and chases rats away in the day but they come at night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthebadger

Jeez, Sean closes the Steorn forum and the whack-jobs take up residence in here. It's a bit like when the council knock down the derelict house across the street, and the next thing you know, your basement is heaving with homeless rats.

Can someone petition Sean to re-open it please? Maybe we can do a whip-round and pay for the server space.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: Lodewijk
    Posted By: chipotleThis discussion of birds reminds me that spring is here and I need to do something to keep the rats out of my outdoor finch habitat. Any ideas? It should be something that only bothers rats breaking into the habitat, not birds who try to get in. Chicken wire maybe?

Would metal plates that are smooth and slippery not keep the rats down because they can't clime up against it? And if it would be close to tree have a roof with overhanging sides of that same metal? The rest you could leave open for the birds to fly in.

Underneath you could use a finely meshed wire screen so the rats don't dig in from under the ground if it would be build in the dirt.

"if it would be close to (a) tree have a roof with overhanging sides of that same metal"
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Rats kill, why not kill rats? Are the rats part of You, Lodewijk, or are they somehow differentiated?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: BigOilRep

Ann Andrews came from a long line of abductees.

lol

You have to use a translation :
    Ann Andrews came from a long line of :
    * people with sleep paralysis
    OR
    * people with mental problem

Note that this is not a true dichotomy...
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: LodewijkHas anyone here read this book? Can anyone here comment on the actual content of it; what Jason and his family experienced? What he actually said even though it was way beyond his age and general public knowledge? Or can we only sneer -without having read it- assuming that it can't be true, so why even bother?

I can write a book on pink invisible unicorn, and how my addition to unicorn meat ruined my life and i had to go in rehab in the 5th ring of Saturn.

People would be right into dismissing me out of hand without ever reading the book.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: loremanRats kill, why not kill rats? Are the rats part of You, Lodewijk, or are they somehow differentiated?
    They are very much a part of him, having eaten 2/3's of his brain.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Quanten
    I can write a book on pink invisible unicorn, and how my addition to unicorn meat ruined my life and i had to go in rehab in the 5th ring of Saturn.

People would be right into dismissing me out of hand without ever reading the book.
    Yes, anything beyond the third ring is just not believable.
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Posted By: loremanRats kill, why not kill rats? Are the rats part of You, Lodewijk, or are they somehow differentiated?

I was under the impression that chipotle was serious about finding a way to keep the rats out of his finch. That's all.

"Lodewijk" is but my human disguise. As rats are my rat's disguise. I am neither one. Nor are you of course. Because not only is "loreman" not your real name, what you think is your real name as it appears on your ID papers is not Who You really are either. Who You really are is incomparably more and better in all respects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Anybody want to place bets on a cage match between Lodewijk and Grant?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AngusAnybody want to place bets on a cage match between Lodewijk and Grant?
    I don't think it's fair to pick just those two. I think some qualifying rounds with Gaby, and Ltseung are needed. "Hand to hand battles to the death between whackados lead out family entertainment."
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: AngusAnybody want to place bets on a cage match between Lodewijk and Grant?
    I don't think it's fair to pick just those two. I think some qualifying rounds with Gaby, and Ltseung are needed. "Hand to hand battles to the death between whackados lead out family entertainment."

Good idea! We should have enough here for a whole league.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

"what you think is your real name as it appears on your ID papers is not Who You really are either"

Remind Me again why I'm doing this to Ourself? What am We getting out of it? And why (to say nothing of how, if We are God) am I disguising Me from Thee?
    • CommentAuthorLodewijk

Jason was send to a psychiatrist by his parents. He want through a long deep psychiatric analysis. Only when the final diagnosis was that he was mentally healthy did his parents accept that.

Harvard prof. John Mack also was a psychiatrist who came to the conclusion that people who experience abductions are not mentally unbalanced. On the contrary, after years of analyzing dozens of them he saw them as very courageous pioneers who explored new still uncharted territory.

In a way "abductions" by "aliens" are our subconscious interpretations of what it means to experience being a human instead of Who we really are.

Here is an interesting documentary about prof. John Mack and his work. Don't get scared: it includes a case of 62 young children who while playing on the school playground all saw... well see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xTQ2-S1n-Q